Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-26S5500 EPG functionality

profile.country.en_GB.title
sean_sony
Visitor

KDL-26S5500 EPG functionality

As a 'seasoned' owner of SONY Bravia TV's I seem to have one (of three) SONY TV's that exhibits very different behavior to the other SONY TV's that I own.

In the case of the KDL-26S5500 the EPG 'info' feature does not allow you to view the 1-2 line information on the programme selected without changing to the channel first.  On the other SONY's in the house we are able to view programme information details through the EPG without the TV switching to the channel that the programme resides on.  This 'feature' of the 26S5500 is particularly annoying as it means when scanning the EPG for something to watch you are constantly changing channels. If the programme that you wish to receive information on is scheduled to be broadcast in the future the TV will first switch the the channel and then require a second press of the 'info' button on the RC before displaying the requested information.

The current 'software version' is M 3.218 and I can find no reference to any available firmware updates.  The TV is set for Auto Service Update and System update (both ON).

Any ideas or is this model of SONY just not as slick as others?

Cheers.

Message was edited by: sean_sony

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Leanneac
Visitor

We are having the same problem with the kdl32ex401. It's quite irritating, so if anyone does have any thoughts on this, it would be appreciated. Thanks so much, leanne!