Join now - be part of our community!

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

SOLVED
hamacting
New

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

Having been using this TV for a couple of years on my Amazon Prime account, I was this evening asked for my Amazon username and password.  I typed them in, but was told that they were not correct.

I tried on my Sony Blu-Ray 5.1 amplifier, exactly the same (username/password requested and rejected)

I logged onto Amazon's web site using the same credentials and had no problems.

Anyone seeing the same, or have any suggestions to work around the problem?

Thanks

KDL-32CX523

70 REPLIES 70
profile.country.GB.title
gabecooney
Explorer

Just now able to log into Amazon Prime on my Sony KDL-47W805A so fingers crossed they all work now. 

Thanks guys for the support and I hope you all get sorted soon too. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
stewmcghie

Here is my latest..

sony kdl40ex403 - now working.

and KDL-22EX320 - not working just endless circle loop - will try tomorrow

zedx19
Explorer

Just tried now on my KDL-W755C Android TV - Logon issue still, username/password incorrect

profile.country.GB.title
scottdougall
Explorer

I tried last night on my TV - went through the login and it worked - watched something - all ok not tried on my Blueray player

survivalism
Explorer

This is so frustrating. Just rung Sony. I will send you a link to get things working...still waiting for the email. Looks like live chat on the SEN page is disabled too. Can anybody help please. I've rebooted router, done resets of all devices and de registered device from SEN. The problem ( I think ) now is that having been told to deregister my bdps1100 ( through which I accessed Amazon prime previously with no issues) I can now not reregister it on SEN. I get the 5 letter code through the activate enhanced features tab but when I try to link the device the code is coming up as incorrect. The internet is working, I can access Netflix through the same device no issue. Why won't the bluray reregister? Anybody? Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @survivalism

I have escalated your post to Sony Support snd they should be contacting at some point.  Unfortunately i cannot get a direct number to SEN and i do not know how to help you im afraid.

Please let us know how you get on or if i can help further (if possible)

Cheers

Kazzamac72
Explorer

I have just tried my prime a number of times in the last 24 hours and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for anyone in this forum who has helped resolve this issue, much appreciated.
bensande

Right... the saga continues.

For those still unable to re-register their devices - I have been incontact with somebody at customer support who e-mailed me the link below.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31725/~/error%3A-registration-code-is-invalid.-is-...

Unfortunately for me this is just directing me to do exactly what I have been trying to do for the last 3 days and so is of no practical help to me but might be of assistance to somebody else.

I've e-mailed customer support back with screen grabs showing the errors that I am getting.  I'll post an update if I get anything useful back.

B

Patrandec

I'm having exactly the same problem but strangely everything on my TV still works, including Amazon.  I de-registered my 8005 TV in the hope of getting Amazon to work and now SEN is refusing to accept any activation codes. There's nothing online that seems to provide a fix but as I said above, it's as if my de-activation didnt work either, which can't be right as Amazon then starting working. Strange. I called Sony Support up and they asked me to access the Play Memories App (called Album on some TV's) and to link through there, so that might be an option to try? 

Why oh why do none of Sony's products work properly! And it is absolutely shameful of Sony to have a non working link for customer support on the SEN account pages. 

bensande

Solved!! (for me anyway)

The Sony customer support are near useless, however after reading Patandec's comment about apps having different names on different TVs I had a random look around all of the apps and options in all of the menus on the TV.

Support had suggested that I selected "Album" on my tv but this doesn't show up on my menu anywhere and so I was stuck at square 1.

Up until had I had been obtaining by activation codes either by trying to load the amazon app or by selecting "Activate Enhanced Features" within the Network Menu - neither of these had worked.

After some searching I got to the "Qriocity" menu, which on our TV is the furthest to the right.  This has two options within it "Video Unlimited from Sony" and "Link an Account".

Selecting "Link an Account" gives me a different activation code than the methods that I had been using previously.  I am aware that the codes update periodically but I went back to the amazon app to check that it was a different code and the amazon app was still showing the old (incorrect) code.

Anyway... the new code obtained via "Qriocity>Link and Account" worked and I have been able to reregister the TV and get the amazon app running again.

I hope that this post isn't too much or a ramble and that it helps solve the issue for some.  If anything isn't clear please do ask and I'll try to help if I can (I'm not technical so I'll only really be able to clarify what worked for me).

Good luck!