Join now - be part of our community!

Dark streaks on screen of 40" Bravia

profile.country.en_GB.title
ozzy7781
Visitor

Dark streaks on screen of 40" Bravia

Hi

Over the past few weeks I've noticed a dark streak going down the middle of the screen of my 40" KDL-40V3000. This seems to be more noticable when watching football.

The TV is 2 1/2 years old (6 months out of warranty and shock - it starts to play up!)

I've scanned the net and it seems I'm not alone with this issue. Another chap has the same issue with his Sony TV and posted a picture on the following forum....

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1310747-my-tv-has-dark-streaks-please-help.html

This hasn't really been answered on this site so I was wondering if anyone on here has experienced this or can maybe diagnose from seeing the image?

I'm unsure what to do from here. Although the warranty has run out, this should not happen to a 2 1/2 yr old TV that cost nearly £1000 when released. Is it cost effective to fix? should I just replace it?? or is there a slim chance Sony will help?

Any advice would be a great help.

64 REPLIES 64
sahammo23
Visitor

I have the same problem on a Bravia KDL-V40A12 U. A much older set of over 5 years BUT the problem appeared after a couple of years. It's now just too annoying.

Has anyone had any such problem with another make? I haven't seen any such posts.

I am about to replace my set and it won't be a Sony for the first time in my life because of this problem.

HDHalai
Visitor

I've had the same problem with my KDL40V3000 TV which I purchased on October 2007 for over £1000.  I bought a top of the range TV and I was absolutely happy with it.  I think this was the best TV I've ever bought. My TV also included a DomGen 5 yr Sony Extended Warranty.    Once we noticed the dark streaks on the screen, I contacted DomGen who subsequently sent a engineer out to look at our TV.  As it was not repairable, DomGen decided with would be replaced with a similar model and make.  The TV (KDL40EX524) they have provided was an inferior quality to the KDL40V3000 which I absolutely loved.  Even my sony dealer has told me that the TV supplied was an inferior quality.

Having to deal with Sony and DomGen over the past two weeks has been a nightmare.  Sony have been totally unhelpful and have passed the buck to DomGen who under their terms and conditions say they have provided a satisfactory conclusion.  Case is still ongoing.

Believe me I would take the KDL40V3000 model with the streak than the new TV anyday.  I will definitely boycott Sony products from now on.

Message was edited by: HDHalai

Message was edited by: HDHalai

danomorgan2011
New

SONY your a JOKE had a sony engineer come to check my t.v for the heat fault as I fort it was the reason my t.v had black streaks he then told me that there is a fault and he has seen it on many KDL40-V3000 he told me he would report it only to get a phone call saying there is no fault on this t.v clearly there is how many people do you need to post this issue before your willing to do something your own SONY ENGINEER said there is a fault with this t.v.

then for the repair I have to pay 67 pound for the engineer when he's already taken picture and identified the fault

then 120 for labour

then 367 for the part

yeah o.k i'l get my wallet out again now shall I SONY you make me sick ive always spent extra for my stuff to last I also have sony vaio laptop 2 X ps3 which are both now yold yet again the rich get richer & the poor get ripped off  6 years its meant to last not 10mins I will never ever buy a sony product again you can shuv the repair price I'll go buy me a good t.v with my money thank you for nothing watchdog hear I come and sony I promise you have not heard the last on this i will also stop family friends from buying your expencive CRAP thanks once again must be nice to sleep at night with all are hard earned cash.

flogger12345
Visitor

I think this is a hardware problem. And based on experience, hardware rarely fails. I have't had any bad experiences in Sony devices.

Personally, I think it's acceptable for dark vertical lines visible after 2.5 yrs as long as not every has it. Hardware fails on a lot of factors like usage, temperature and so on.  http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

danomorgan2011
New

I dont think so at all if the SONY ENGINNER is saying theres a problem with this modelV3000 theres something very fishey hear & its a sceen fault not software take it your t.v is fine or you would'nt be defending the SONY RIP OFF CORP

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

lal2229 wrote:

...http://www.ledtvs.net/faulty-led-tv/

Looking at other forums it seems that Toshiba know what customer care/support really is!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/1061134-marks-inside-my-lcd-tv-screen.html

Message was edited by: lal2229

Why didn't I read this before? I should have gone to Toshiba Savers, LOL

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

I do not have a KDL-40V300 but guys you are not alone. I just bought a magnificent Top of the Line latest Flagship KDL-65HX923, on your face, lol. I got it at a bargain price of 4500 pounds. It is magnificent. The only little problem is a dark band right in the centre of the screen and another white one just a bit to the right. Wasn’t I lucky? What it is even better I did not have to wait 2.5 year, not one, not even 6 months. They were so efficient that they delivered it already with the bands. You might think that it would be enough good luck. Well, I really won the lottery. I bought it from a Sony Centre which is in administration and cannot get back to them either. However Sony UN-support has been very helpful so far. They have ferociously looked after Sony’s interest. Like most of you I have at least 10 or 15 Sony products and I was doing my pilgrimage to the Sony Centres at least twice a month. Come on guys, let’s face it Sony is not even the shade of what they used to be.

profile.country.GB.title
Razzatron
Explorer

I too have this problem and it's getting worse. I have posted on this forum before but no response from Sony. I have no idea what to do.....Did anyone ever find a solution?

robertthebrucd
Visitor

Duncan

Can you give me any update on this problem. Bought a KDL46V3000 in June 2008 and set has developed these black / grey 'shadows' in the centre of the screen - exactly the same as described by other posts. Contacted dealer ( his warranty) and was offered derisory amount to go away - he said tv could not be repaired. Then contacted Sony and have been given complete runaround. They have offered a tv dealer visit from DFC Solutions for £40 plus VAT

Is is worth paying this and then trying to get Sony to accept responsibility for a known fault OR am I just throwing good money after bad?

Any help / advice would be appreciated

Robert

profile.country.cs_CZ.title
jbiba2707
Visitor

is there any possitive feedback to your questions from SONY guys ? I have the same problem with KDL-46W4500 I bought in DEC 2008sony Dark streaks on screen.jpeg