Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-32EX403 Black & White Display S-Video > Scart

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Cheesenbranston
Visitor

Bravia KDL-32EX403 Black & White Display S-Video > Scart

I recently picked up the above model of TV and am running a Sony DAV-S300 DVD\Surround amp through it. Prior to buying the Bravia I had an old Panasonic CRT TV which I  had connected with an S-Video to SCART\AV cable. I had to use the AV2 input on the TV and set the input to S-video to get a colour picture. I have the same connection now between the DAV and Bravia but have been unable to get a colour picture. I have tried both AV sockets and checked the 'Display' setttings on the Bravia 'Home' page, trying both 'PAL' and 'Auto' but with no joy.

Haven't checked the DAV settings since it was outputting fine to the previous TV.

Anyone know if I am missing something, or is it likely that this set up is just not supported any more?

I have managed to get colour output via composite to the AV3 input on the Bravia.

TIA

Message was edited by: Cheesenbranston

Message was edited by: Cheesenbranston

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
oddie2004
Explorer

As far as I am aware there is no S-Video on the 32EX403, the scart input is RGB and composite only. I have tried it with my Humax PVR, and it only shows B&W for S-Video.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

No reason it shouldn't work althought the quality might be a little questionable. Indeed maybe look at how the DAV is outputting the signal, maybe reset it as well..

Thanks

profile.country.es_ES.title
mevolution
Visitor

Haven't been able to find any info about factoy reset on the DAV-S300, though not convinced this will help since I was getting colour output to another TV before, and haven't changed anything other than switching SCART from the old TV to the Bravia. Will update if it works out.

profile.country.GB.title
oddie2004
Explorer

As far as I am aware there is no S-Video on the 32EX403, the scart input is RGB and composite only. I have tried it with my Humax PVR, and it only shows B&W for S-Video.

profile.country.es_ES.title
mevolution
Visitor

Thanks oddie, seems to confirm what I suspected. Must be a legacy bit of technology now for TV's, it wasn't a standard or automatic conversion on the previous TV since I had to plug into the AV2 socket, and then configure that for S-video input. I'll be picking up a separate DVD player in the near future.

Thanks again

Matt

Cheesenbranston
Visitor

Just realised I have been posting with 2 different accounts, and I wondered why I couldn't close the discusion off....