Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Prime Slow

profile.country.GB.title
Jasonsonytv
Explorer

Amazon Prime Slow

Hi,

i have a KDL-40WE663 and Amazon Prime menus are painfully slow to load when searching - can take 10-15 seconds between each item selected 

wifi is fine all other TV catchup services are working fine loading very quickly

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Jasonsonytv
Explorer

THi,

i have a KDL-40WE663 and Amazon Prime menus are painfully slow to load when searching - can take 10-15 seconds between each item selected 

wifi is fine all other TV catchup services are working fine loading very quickly

thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
creationdub
New

Hi

I also have this problem.

The first time I used the App, it seemed to be fine, then when I went back a second time, the home menu screen is slow to the point of unusable. It takes 10 seconds or so when responding to the button being pressed on the remote.

When the video is actually selected it plays fine, but the menu is extremely laggy.

All the other Apps seem to work just fine.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

profile.country.GB.title
usual-suspect
Explorer

Same here. The TV is general is slow in operation but Amazon Prime is completely broken. 

I've found that the firmware update that's available isn't seen by the TV. The link on this support website is pointing at an older version too so maybe the TV is seeing the same and saying my firmware is newer. I searched for the firmware and found it on a bigger screen size and applied it manually.

Still, the Amazon Prime issue remains though... Just about frozen, unable to select anything.

My first Sony TV. Fantastic picture but the software seems to be lacking.

Only had mine 3 days picture awsome but Prime is a nightmare keeps buffering round and round stopping during a program and ages to load.  All other catch up and internet ok just Prime.  Wonder if its a Amazon issue rther TV .  Was suggested I get a booster for my router as it is a very long way away from TV so trying that. TV brilliant software for internet not too good but that could be my router or amazon Prime itself

profile.country.GB.title
usual-suspect
Explorer

My WiFi is full strength at the TV so, it's not that. Looks like a memory problem to me but only a guess. Everything with the TV seems to happen with a delay.

I think the apps don't get updated on a TV like this. It's not a 'smart' TV as such. Amazon probably supply Sony with an App when the TV is first produced and that's as far as it goes. If the app breaks it's Sony's problem because they've changed something with an update probably. 

I would actually take the TV back if you want Amazon Prime working and Sony don't respond. I'm outside of 28 days now, unfortunately. 

profile.country.GB.title
pwald69
Explorer

I too have this problem and have spoken with friends in the industry (TV broadcast / production) and they say it's basically down to the processor in the TV not being beefy enough to run the app, or take on newer, upgraded  versions of the app - think of an older computer not having enough RAM to run Windows well, or be able to run newer versions of Windows.  Their advice was buy a dumb TV and plug smart things into it (i.e. Firestick).  How true that is I don't know, but it makes sense..

profile.country.GB.title
Krauziak
Explorer

Amazon went slow since they start to use netflix-like interface with switchable accounts. When that kicked in I lost HDR and 4k on amazon and basically it was pain to use. Last software update sorted it out. Although or tvs are not android the apps are updating themself's from time to time.