Join now - be part of our community!

3D Glasses Backward Compatibility

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pork38
Visitor

3D Glasses Backward Compatibility

Does anyone know whether the new TDG-BR250 3D glasses will be backwards compatible with previous models of 3D TV, I have the 46NX713, as the previous TDG-BR100 glasses are fairly uncomfortable to wear for long periods I am hoping I can buy these glasses to use as main and relegate my BR100s to spares.

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Tags (4)
32 REPLIES 32
MrPix2005
New

Hi,

I'm not alone! ... it seems.

I purchased the 40HX803 around christmas 2010 and think that although it is a fantastic TV with a great picture in 2D, it's a real shame I cannot watch anything in 3D because of the flickering. I chose this set and the 3D bundle specifically as the salesman assured me that the flicker experienced in the shop was due to the store lighting and this was the best set in the store... unfortunately, he was not telling the whole truth as the flickering still exists when I wear the glasses in a blacked out room.

I have 2 pairs of these glasses and would appreciate any help in improving the 3D so that the 3D aspect is watchable without incurring eye strain or headaches within minutes of trying to watch the movies..... I guess this is not too much to ask... ? I (and my son) still have not managed to watch any of the 5 movies bundled with the 3D BluRay player, glasses and emitter as we have given up due to the side effects.

Almost tempted to say that the TV was advertised as 3D and is not fit for purpose and look for a refund to get a model without 3D, but the 40HX803 does display 3D... just nobody can watch it... wonder where I'd stand legally?

Anyway, if there is a way to improve the 3D experience, I won't have to consider my options which is my preferred route as I stated earlier the 2D picture is gorgeous.

In hope of help in the not too distant future,

Paul

Message was edited by: MrPix2005

Message was edited by: MrPix2005

iagibso49

I recommend trying the filters which you place in front of the glasses. There seem to be a hint that the new 3D glasses reduce the flicker. I wonder if anyone else can verify this?

MrPix2005
New

Thanks, where do I get said filters please?

Jonobiwan
New

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with flicker too. I've got the TDG-BR250 glasses along with a KDL 46EX723.

Is there any chance of getting hold of some fitlers? If so is it possible for 2 sets and how much do they cost?

Thanks - J

profile.country.GB.title
Philbz

Hi how do you go about getting these filters? I have a Bravia 55HX923 and 4 sets of adult glasses and 1 child pair (Glasses TDG-BR250).

Look forward to hearing from you.

mahilj
Visitor

how do i get filters for my 3d glasses 

Danny-uk-1
Visitor

how about the playstation 3D glassess can you use them on 2010 models?

Bravia55HX

Danny-uk-1,

it is said the glasses are universally compatable with Active 3DTV's, however if you plan on using these on 2010 model tv's you will still need the transmitter.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

profile.country.GB.title
glymarsh1
Explorer

Hi, I have been trying to get three sets of filters for my Sony 3D glasses (adult size) but so far have had no response from Sony Customer services. Are you able to help please?

Thanks,

Glyn.

MezzerUK
Visitor

Hello, also looking to pick up 2 filters, to see if it adds to the viewing of 3D?.. Im using a full all round Sony set up with 250 glasses.. 46Inch bravia with 3D blu ray/home cinema and PS3...  I only have some ghosting(crosstalk)on gaming

Thank you!