Join now - be part of our community!

Forgotten password

BoiWaddup
Visitor

Forgotten password

Hello,

My brother trusted me his phone and asked me to reset it as he got a iPhone to replace it but he doesn't remember the password set on it. I've tried many different ways to get into boot menu etc but nothing has worked. Please if you have any advice whatsoever, help me out. 

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@BoiWaddup

simple, just ask him to unlock it for you, or ask him for the password or his Gmail 

BoiWaddup
Visitor

As said above the password has been forgotten and Google option doesn't work

@uliwooly

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
BoiWaddup
Visitor

I tried both options and none of which succeeded. My Xperia isn't activated and Google needs WiFi or Mobile Network to communicate with the phone, both are missing. But despite the failure thank you for your assistance.

Jonas
Master

Hi @BoiWaddup, welcome to our forum!

If neither of the options that @uliwooly recommended worked. You will have to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Do note that this will delete all data stored on the internal storage of your phone and reinstall the latest available software.

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

1231CHB
Visitor

This method does not work anymore, I'm stuck here with a Sony Xperia M C1905 that does not have its password, it's a pin. I've forgotten it and cannot get back into it, despite how many softwares I try.