Join now - be part of our community!

Touch screen freezing and unresponsive

profile.country.GB.title
RuntyBIGFOOT
Explorer

Touch screen freezing and unresponsive

Over the last week or so my L4 has developed a touchscreen problem it will freeze and become unresponsive untill I lock it and unlock it it is starting to happen more often now can anyone help me resolve this issue thank you

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Gregz77
New

Mine does this, how can I repair ?

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Gregz77, I'd recommend following the steps here first before sending the device off to be repaired

profile.country.GB.title
Dicksy
New

Had the first phone delivered from BT no ringtone so was sent a replacement after 3 months of owning screen cover on and cased it started to freeze phoned BT they told me to restart the phone this went on for 8 months on and off once out of the 12 month warranty told nothing they could do. Took it to EE for a mobile MOT they found multiple faults phoned BT again told they can't replace or repair without a factory reset would not recommend this phone. Previous Sony handsets were great this one nothing but trouble no ringtone and has frozen 5 times typing this.

profile.country.GB.title
StephenCBanks
Explorer

Thank you for interesting post

pipsony
New

I experienced these symptoms. I cured it by disabling the fingerprint manager  and used Swipe screen lock instead.

XBTENG
New

Sony Xperia L4 mobile.Problem intermittant screen freeze and switching images.Have tried reset,latest updates,cache cleared,safe mode.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey,

Is the same thing happening in safe mode?

Did you try to do a factory reset or software repair by Xperia Companion?

profile.country.GB.title
tinac12345
New

My sony has been doing this for ages and types lots of rubbish, and opens up all kinds of tabs.  Very annoying!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi tinac12345, what's the model number of your phone? 

Also, try the steps below, work as a charm. 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00232845

profile.country.GB.title
N3W-F4RUQ
Explorer

Mine started to have these problems described here. Screen stops responding and then it starts scrolling and opening apps on its own like it's possessed. Turning the screen on and off offers a temporary solution. Factory reset was no use and inconvenience. I did have my phone 2 years 7 months maybe it's the end of it's life. My previous sonies lasted between 1.5-2 years before dying. I've had Xperia z, z1, z2, I think z3 as well, L2, L3, now L4.