Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia L4 issue

profile.country.GB.title
ShaneChrome
New

Sony Xperia L4 issue

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help and/or advise.  I purchased a Sony Xperia L4 from eBay.  It was sold as brand new and it arrived newly boxed and sealed, it was advertised with a 2 year Sony warranty.  I love the look of the phone but I find the phone is really sluggish, very slow at times and often freezes even with basic tasks of opening emails.  The seller advises that I should contact Sony about any issues as it's under warranty.  Are there any known issues with this phone or is there anything I can do to improve the performance?  I have gone through the update and problem solving process but the phone still has poor performance.  I realise that the software is quite old (Android 9) but surely it should perform doing basic tasks.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @ShaneChrome

For the freezing issue, try the steps here on the phone and test the device again: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00235699

Make sure to test the device specially in safe mode and check if the issue is still happening or not?

If you reached to the level where you will factory reset the phone, try to test the device before installing the 3rd party apps again and check.

Also, Xperia L$ only comes with one android version and it won't receive any higher updates.