Join now - be part of our community!

When will ITV Player and 4-on-demand be available on any Sony device?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Monkey_Shoulder
Visitor

When will ITV Player and 4-on-demand be available on any Sony device?

When will ITV player and 4-on-demand be available on any Sony device?

When I bought my BDP-S580 Blu-ray player in May 2012 I was told that it could also provide the BBC iplayer and a connection to Lovefilm and Youtube. "what about 4oD, and ITV" I asked. "oh, they will soon be available as an upgrade." said the salesman.

It is now 2013 and still no upgrade. What is the state of play? Is it a legal issue? Are the independant TV networks trying to get more money than even Sony are willing to pay for their "downloadable content"?

What is the problem?

M_S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Quinnicus wrote:

ATTN Catmambo/Thalamus: I Think you need to put a sticky thread on Sony's Position on this matter

As I do not work for Sony I can not give an official Sony's position but there already is a thread in which Sony staff have posted a reply..

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that information was given to you by a Sony Rep from a Sony Store, I would write an official complaint.

However, more than likely, if you got that information from a Comet/Curry's/PC World, well they were lying.  They only wanted a sale.

ATTN Catmambo/Thalamus: I Think you need to put a sticky thread on Sony's Position on this matter

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

profile.country.en_GB.title
larkshall
New

I too am waiting for an answer to this one, I first queried this months ago, but I don't think Sony actually monitor, or even bother to reply, maybe thats why their shares have achieved junk status

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Quinnicus wrote:

As I do not work for Sony I can not give an official Sony's position but there already is a thread in which Sony staff have posted a reply..

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

larkshall wrote:

I too am waiting for an answer to this one, I first queried this months ago, but I don't think Sony actually monitor, or even bother to reply, maybe thats why their shares have achieved junk status

Hi larkshall,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

You may not be aware but this is primarily a user forum & I'm guessing, like many other forum users, you may not have read the welcome message..

Welcome