Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@aja007 

Hey there,

Many thanks for your reply and for explaining my earlier questions. Hmmm...., I can see how this might be causing you problems! I honestly don't understand why Sony would restrict access to these services from only a mobile phone, that decision seems to defy all logic! Like you say not everyone has a mobile phone and there's still millions worldwide that only use a PAYG devices.

******* stupid indeed!!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@drdeej 

Yes that was me who mentioned the update for my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray device. As of yet I still don't know what exactly this update did. I think it was pure coincidence that after installing it I noticed vTuner off-line again as it was also the same on my STR-DN1040 Receiver which hadn't been updated.

Interestingly I have just turned on my blu-ray player and can no longer access the Sony Entertainment Network (SEN Home) on there either, I just have the spinning orb of death and it's been spinning for the last 15 minutes!!

By any chance is the Red Bull TV part of the SEN services? Perhaps you could add your latest discovery to my new post here which is for issues with SEN

Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) - Offline on some Devices

profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

@MK_Slinky 

Yes it's an absolutly crazy way of doing it!

I hate the CMT-SBT300WB so much!!! Sony supplied it as a replacement for my CMT-MX750Ni which was a far superior unit...when the internet radio was working! In fact that's the reason for the replacement and I think it tells us Sony have no understanding of internet radio at all!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I logged into the Sony Entertainment Network website yesterday to re-accept the user agreement and was quite surprised to find the following button listed in my dashboard..., yes that's right, a button to enable vTuner!!!! Surely we don't have to re-enable vTuner for it to start working again?

SEN Dashboard-Devices.jpg

Well clicking the enable button I quickly discovered the answer was NO, you cannot enable vTuner how ever hard you try...

SEN Dashboard Devices-2.jpg

The statement shown in the red box is absolute nonsense! You cannot manage vTuner from the vTuner website. As we all know, vTuner is a free service for private individuals to use. The only people who can manage a service are vTuner Partners, Sony is one of them! Therefore managing a service has to be done at a manufacturing level, clearly Sony have yet to manage this service.

Does anyone here see the same results as shown above when logging into the SEN website?

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

The end of a year is looming and Sony have failed their customers miserably!!!!

Well done Sony! :trophy:

profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

I was under the impression that software developement was done a lot at Sony UK...

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner is back online on my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray Player, how long for though is anyone's guess. I'm so used to the service failing I'm not very hopeful at this stage.

Incidentally this time around the vTuner service is even worse than previous! Not only do none of the 'Editor's Pick' category play which in turn cause Error code: 55,  but now they have also removed ALL 'High Quality' stations.

As usual Sony's News & Alerts section is still very out of date and no further statements have yet been issued. Just another ribbon of shame for Sony.

Pistabacsi

Pista's log:
Day 42. Yes, Seven weeks now and now at least SEN actually connects. However, the smattering of stations listed are still 90% unplayable.
I keep expecting an auto update alert for the firmware and look up occasionally from my current task of counting the bubbles in this bottle of champagne.
But, hey! At least Sony have given us this forum to vent on. Even if the lazy erse motherfunners can't even be bothers to read or keep us informed.
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

Hi there, thanks for your log update! I'll check my own receiver later this evening and see if there's any improvement on my device. I'm not expecting much, to be honest I've resigned myself to the fact that owning Sony products you have to settle for second best, it's annoying I know. If only Sony could make products which just worked as intended, surely we all deserve that?

JacobZ
Explorer

Well, vTuner goes off and on in the Netherlands. Accessible stations are continu changing.Annoying. 

JacoZ