Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Yesterday another US member reported that vTuner had come back on-line on their product also. At this moment in time I'm thinking that perhaps this role out is a random process with the odd person here and there! I'm certainly not seeing any indications that it's happening on mass in any given country.

To date I believe I may be the only one in the UK unless people simply don't use vTuner to notice it. Perhaps they grew tired after the last outage and ditched it altogether?!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Pistabacsi

Pista's log:

Day 25. Starting to compile a list of things that are quicker than sony fixing this (or even bothering to keep us in the picture as per their statement).

1. Growing a beard

2. Roasting a whole turkey over a candle

Smileys:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

You forgot number 3 !!

3. Flying a spaceship to the moon! :laughing:

Pistabacsi

You forgot number 3 !!

3. Flying a spaceship to the moon! :smileylaugh:

It was going to be digesting a large ball bearing ;o)

Latest from the toothless sony support

I regret to say: We have not any new information in this case. We are waiting the Sony official answer in vTuner problem handling. As soon as possible we are going to inform our customers.

Honestly. Someone at sony needs to grow a pair & spit it out.

*sighs*

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Well I guess that's some good news then! At least we have a firm commitment in writing that a new statement is imminent.

Honestly. Someone at sony needs to grow a pair & spit it out. LOL!! Option 4 perhaps?? :nauseated_face:

Pistabacsi

Pista's log:

Day 26.

Taking a short break from number 4 on my list (counting & cataloguing the weight of every grain of sand in the Gobi desert) I fired up the DN1040. Nada. Nincs, NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Colour me shocked :wink:

A thought came to me while considering all the hints at refreshing & not using the saved favourites. If any of you plan to go down any sort of "legal" route, DO NOT delete anything off your favourites list.

If you think about it, that list is testament to the fact you were once able to receive (and therefore save) those stations & so may be proof that the service has indeed been significantly reduced.

Additionally (& this is going to extremes & gets a bit "NCIS") it wouldn't be out of the question for anyone with enough tech know-how to assertain when those stations were saved (maybe).

Right. Back to the sand.........

Tags (2)
JacobZ
Explorer

Got this message from Sony: 

"De vTuner diensten die tijdelijk werden geschorst zijn nu gedeeltelijk of volledig beschikbaar, afhankelijk van het type product. Echter , kan Sony geen voortgang van derde (Internet radio) diensten garanderen."

Well, Duch public radio is still not accessible. I did not buy my CMT for listening to Jamaician radio. I wanted to hear full quallity duch public radio. So my expensive Sony is completely worthless for me, now. 

What to do??

Jacob

Pistabacsi

@JacobZ 

When did you get that message & from who exactly?

I can't see any change in the announcement on the sony site.

JacobZ
Explorer

Got it today, 14:54h, from: 

[Edited by moderator to remove personal details]

Pistabacsi

Ahah.

Seems we are still all getting slightly different statements from sony.

Keep all the communication & get in touch with your local consumer protection authority.

But make sure you tell sony that's what you're going to do.

They might change their tune.

You bought something that once delivered a service that was advertised as available. Software or not, it was integral to the functioning of the internet radio that you chose the device for.

Dig your heels in & don't back down at all.

If the screen on my moto x phone suddenly dies, motorola do not tell me to get in touch with samsung to have it fixed .

I'm not even going to enter the debate concerning hardware & software. This is 2014 & they both come as ONE bundle that are reliant on each other to be able to perform.

What's next? All the dolby encoding audio software going south? Would sony simply state that they cannot guarantee someone else's software?

Go get 'em tiger ;o)