Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183
ugoboiardi
Explorer

I also have a problem with my Sony hdd , it started duplicate recordings about a  

week ago , also stutters when winding forward and unable to delete timer recordings , 

also about 5 years old , it has been fine up to now 

to much of a coincidence so many with the same problem will be logging with Sony tomorrow.

hopefully if enough people log the complaint they will sort it out but not convinced. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
HogunDrwg
Explorer

I feel like I am only repeating what has already been mentioned by other posters, but I am having the same problem with my HDT500. Simultaneous recordings on both recording channels. I have also noticed that the menu and guide is very sluggish, taking a long time and many presses to scroll forward only a few days. On occasion, when switching the unit on the blue light just flashes without anything happening, although on occasion the sound will come on with no picture. Only remedied by unplugging and re-plugging.

I have the latest software (4.21.r8585) and am in the Hucknall area of Nottinghamshire, although I don't know what transmitter the signal comes from.

I have updated channels and performed a full rescan without that fkxing the problem.

Hoping a fix or explanation soon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ugoboiardi

I have merged your post into the main thread here.  It keeps the forums in a tidy fashion when a single issue is all in one thread.

To everyone:  There is no need to reply any further if you are just echoing everyone else, however to give an indication on numbers, you can click on the "Me Too" button on the first post of this thread instead.

Cheers

grahamess
Explorer

Come on Sony, pull your fingers out and fix this problem.

If you look at all the responses on the US forum there is obviously a problem with these units, silence isnt really an option. It will be LG next time.

We are all suffering the same fate and quite frankly the lack of updates isnt good enough. Its like you interactive TV's that cant be updated to provide internet tv from other broadcasters then those that the sets came pre programmed for. The internet evolves so must you.

Let's have some help.

profile.country.GB.title
Simon23
Explorer

Some comfort to find there are many others with exactly the same problem. My SVR-HDT1000 worked perfectly until very recently. Now sluggish, duplicate programmes a few seconds apart, can't cancel series recordings, can't record more than one channel at the same time. Tried full reset, repair disk. Next time series record starts same problem returns. Unusable. Come on Sony, there are lots of people who need a fix.

PEEVED23
Explorer

Hi @Anonymous

As a vulunteer Sony expert, how possible is it for them to write a fix or this, how likely is it that thry will, snd how long could that take? 

Thanks for your help btw

profile.country.GB.title
Simon23
Explorer

Perhaps there has been a subtle change to the EPG data format and the current version of firmware can't cope with it, hence two duplicate recordings kicking off at almost the same time. Does someone at Sony monitor this community?

nemarsh29
Explorer

Interesting comment re EPG format changing, I also own a Sony RDR-HXD1095 HDD/DVD recorder. I remember this suffered a similar issue a couple of years back when the box was stuck in "update" mode for days. I'm still using the older box without issue, & it is proving a good backup while these issues are ongoing.

profile.country.GB.title
TerrorByte
Explorer

@PEEVED23 wrote:

Hi Angela4791, i did record without duplication last night on one machine, but mum's  mschine duplicated the same program (Poldark BBC1). And today my machine won't let me program any recordings. 

Sony really ARE aware of this problem because the guy I spoke to today knew instantly what I was talking about, said they were working on a software fix for it and it would get emailed to me once its done. Because I raised a case.  Tel: 0844 846 6555, option 1, option 2. Raise a case,. Please just do it. The more who do, the quicker it will get resolved.

I rang Sony on 0844 846 6555, option 1, option 2, and the guy said he knew about this problem as he'd just fixed it for a customer. So I thought great, they have the fix already! But then he proceeded to ask me to disconnect the power for 10 secs and press reset, so the usual check-list. I told him I have to do this just to get the thing fired up each morning and that it didn't really "fix" anything.

I explained there were a lot of people having this issue but he didn't seem to know about it or that Sony were working on it. He gave me the name & number of my nearest authorised dealer and basically said that's all he could do. When I pushed he said he could escalate to his engineers, but said he could not update me on progress. I have to monitor the support site for a new update. 😞

I'm a long-time Sony fan, but they really shoot themselves in the foot with this type of experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

Posting an update:

Sony has confirmed the issue in their investigation.  They have also confirmed that these HDD Recorders cannot be updated with another firmware 'Over-The-Air' and hence no accidental firmware could be installed.

They are now investigating the data streams that come from the broadcasters in order for the EPG updates (Guide).

Cheers