Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183

i dont have the duplicate recordings issue, but since the update i am unable to use the recording facility at all. i get the notice of "recording" but the recording does not start. really fed up now!!!! i have a vunerable old person in the house who gets very upset. Come on Sony sort this out. i have tried to see if there is a revert option in the system option but no. Please help and soon. 

PEEVED23
Explorer

Hi @Daveben

Can you post links to these quotes please? Thanks

daveben
Explorer
PEEVED23
Explorer

@daveben wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/UKterrestrialTV/

and

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/Recording-and-playback-issues-SVR-HDT500-HD...

Yay!!!!!! Thanks @daveben 

Fingers crossed all looking good so far. Thanks to everyone who contributed amd to Sony for listening. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Misstheatre

So far so good

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
jenny54
Explorer

thank you to everyone  who has helped to fix this issue I haven't done my box as yet but hopefully it will work once again to be honest if sony and digital uk knew there was a problem this should have been put on the media just wonder how many people have gone and bought another box thinking their old one was broken

profile.country.GB.title
Misstheatre

Mine so far so good touch wood and did not have to do anything.

Hopefully everyone will have the same result.

Wonder if anything would have been done if we had not queried it so much?

danandlyn
Explorer

I was this close to buying a new one, ide even been in and had a look at a new Panasonic as a replacement, just glad I found this forum first.  I also posted this in another forum I'm a member of and there was 2 others having the same issue and was just about to bin and buy new.  

glenalmond
Explorer

I am still having problems as well - some programmes are recording and some not - despite being on the Timer list. I am unable to set recordings for those it has lost.  I have unplugged and plugged ina gain, and some functions seem to be OK, but all is not well yet!

profile.country.GB.title
Ice-bore
Explorer

Would confirm that we have an SVR-HDT1000 and have also been experiencing the same double recording problem for more than a week now.

Have tried both re-booting and resetting but the problem remains.

Wonder how many more people out there haven't thought (or are unable) to Google this problem and have resorted to buying a new box..!!