Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183
profile.country.GB.title
johnbscot
Explorer

Please sort out this issue which is affecting two of our Sony HDT100 recorders.

Herbie460
Explorer

Just contacted my local Sony Centre in Wolverhampton. The problem appears to be with the transmission of the programs and looks to be countrywide from the many posts on this forum.

The only recorder that is not affected is the Humax brand.

Guess its a wait and see situation.

[Personal details removed by moderator]

mickjanmid
Explorer

Just emailed this to the President and CEO for Europe

Jim

Firstly I am emailing you because I am a long term customer of Sony products but have now found that I am hitting a brick wall when I contact your Sony Technical Support centre. Over the last few weeks hundreds of customers with the above Sony Recorders are unable to do a number of functions with their machine. Your technical call centres have been swamped with enquiries regarding this issue and are told either to re-set, power down, run the latest software update etc etc. I have also been told to do the same, which I have on a number of occasions but to no avail. Some are told "we are working on it” or “we know all about it” but the problem is still occurring.   

If you check the SONY COMMUNITY WEBSITE you will find a long list of complainers and the issue has now just been mentioned on a National UK radio channel (5live). Customers are also being told by some overseas call centers to take the recorder to a local Sony repair shop at their cost and some customers are ditching the machine altogether, dropping Sony and buying other competitors recorders. This is total misinformation Jim and wrong.  

I would appreciate it if you could look into this serious issue that is affecting hundreds if not thousands of customers of the above machine within the UK and MOST IMPORTANTLY how myself and the many other owners of the recorder will be INFORMED of the fix.

Can you please update me on this issue as a matter of high importance.

Regards

Mxxxxxx Mxxxxxxxx

My Model HDT500

Serial Number xxxxx

DavidMasters
Explorer

I have also had this problem. Factory reset doesn't seem to help. On retuning  I am not asked to select the region. Is the tuner picking up two sets of signals? How can I get it to select one region when not prompted?

whhanna
Explorer

I get exactly the same problems.

Anyone know of any solutions?

profile.country.GB.title
Davidbhb
Explorer

Hi. Yes my recorder started doing this about 10 days ago. Hope Sony sort out quickly. I live in the Midlands so looks like a UK problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

Sony has just released the following statement and a possible temporary work-around solution.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/Recording-and-playback-issues-SVR-HDT500-HD...

Cheers

PEEVED23
Explorer

@Anonymous

Thank you for the update!

I'm not sure I want to try it as it appears to then allow us only 3 channels, but its good to know they have acknowledged the issue at last and are working on it.  Please do let us know when they do resolve it permanently.

Thank you for your continued help with what is proving to be a frustrating issue.

whhanna
Explorer

What's an OTA update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@whhanna wrote:

What's an OTA update?

OTA = Over the Air - meaning via the broadcasting transmitters, or internet.

These boxes cannot do an OTA Update.