New

STR1050 HDMI ARC issue?

To all,

My system:

Sony Bravia (2014 model)

Sony STR1050 receiver

Laptop/PS3

I had the system working perfectly;

TV HDMI ARC (nr2) into ARC receiver, other devices using HDMI into 'receiver INs' for laptop and PS3.

HDMI selected for A and B.

Something changed...I did NOT alter anyting (no different cables).

Now; the HDMI (both in and out) on the receiver stopped giving through signals?

I can get image/sound by plugging PS3/laptop directly into the tv and connecting the tv sound out with optical into the receiver, that works fine.

It seems randomly possibe to be able to open the receiver GUIs by pressing home on the receiver remote (selected HDMI 2 on the TV at all times),  although I do not seem to be able to get into the GUI using HDMI A only. The other thing is that the resolution when opeing the GUI is superlow and the options do not fit the screen. Tried changing cables but no difference. when pressing 'home', sometimes it 'jumps' to HDMI channel 1 (MHL/TUNER) (why?).

I looked at the bravia sync menu and weirdly enough sometimes it indicates a MHL Tuner connection (HDMI 1), I can assure you there is not. It also indicates the receiver present but not connected.

update: after factory reset on my receiver there is no way i can get the GUI up anymore. The receiver responds to commands from the remote except the HOME. Am I now really screwed?

thanks for any suggestions.

0 REPLIES 0