Join now - be part of our community!

Sony SVR-HDT500

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ligunne30
Visitor

Sony SVR-HDT500

Is there anyway we can set up our Sony TV so that it automatically knows that you want to watch through the HDMI channel rather than having to manually switch the channel via the remote control?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive been playing around with this for the last half hour or so, as I have the same PVR. My mum also has a Sony TV (EX723) as well as this PVR recorder, and also only uses the TV via the PVR as well.

Currently, my mum turns her TV on and is displayed with a blank black screen and has to remember the button pushes as its not displayed. This is because she turns her TV off, which switches the PVR off at the same time. Therefore when she turns the TV on next time, its already set as HDMI 1 and blank, because the PVR is still switched off.

I have tryed various ways to get the TV and PVR to switch itself on with only 1 button push, with no success. I am therefore concluding that it cannot be done.

There is an alternative solution, but requires money. A universal remote control that is programmable, such as the Harmony range of remote controls.

For Example ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Harmony-One-UK-Universal/dp/B0012RHQN4/ )

Hope that helps in any way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive been playing around with this for the last half hour or so, as I have the same PVR. My mum also has a Sony TV (EX723) as well as this PVR recorder, and also only uses the TV via the PVR as well.

Currently, my mum turns her TV on and is displayed with a blank black screen and has to remember the button pushes as its not displayed. This is because she turns her TV off, which switches the PVR off at the same time. Therefore when she turns the TV on next time, its already set as HDMI 1 and blank, because the PVR is still switched off.

I have tryed various ways to get the TV and PVR to switch itself on with only 1 button push, with no success. I am therefore concluding that it cannot be done.

There is an alternative solution, but requires money. A universal remote control that is programmable, such as the Harmony range of remote controls.

For Example ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Harmony-One-UK-Universal/dp/B0012RHQN4/ )

Hope that helps in any way.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I assume that both the devices support the HDMI CEC (since it switch off PVR when TV is switched off). Normally there are some function on the PVR that actually wake up the TV. On my SONY DVD recorder, i.e., this is done when you hit the play button or the titlelist or the menu or the TV Guide. So if you switch on the PVR and push one of this button, the TV is automatically switched on and set to the HDMI channel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it doesnt work, If you switch the PVR on independently, it does not switch the TV on, but turn the TV off, it turns PVR off.

I guess its a "Feature" that Sony have installed. Another such "feature" is using the TV Remote control (RM-ED044), where the number buttons do not work using the Bravia Sync functions, but the rest of the buttons do. I emailed Sony about this a long time ago and was give .. "there are currently no plans for a firmware upgrade" LOL

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you try to push any button on the PVR remote after switching it on (i.e the play one)?