Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD970 not "saving" digital channels

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Jasonperkin
Visitor

RDR-HXD970 not "saving" digital channels

The area I live has recently had the digital cutover happen.  I've retuned my Sony TV and hard disk recorder, and all channels are found, and everything looks OK, but when I turn the hard disc off it doesn't store the channels, so when I turn it back on all channels are lost and I have to retune again - worked fine before cutover.  Any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
dunbankin
Visitor

rooobb:

In your 4 Oct 2011 post, you state "...a factory reset solve the problem".  I have the "UPDATE" problem you describe, but a factory reset hasn't cured it. 

Last week, for three or four days, my RDR HXD970 was making whirring sounds even when in standby, and the word "UPDATE" appeared on the display.  Otherwise it seems to work ok.  Found your post yesterday, and tried a factory reset as described, but this morning it's UPDATE on the display again.

I'm still on firmware 1.62, and was considering an update to the latest v1.70, but you state that this is still a known problem in v1.70 anyway, so there doesn't seem any point in installing v1.70 if it hasn't cured this problem, and I don't have any other problems.  Let sleeping dogs lie....

How can I cure the "UPDATE" problem?  Clearly if the whirring noise is caused by the disk drive permanently spinning, then it's going to pack up sooner than it should....

John

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi dunbankin, fw 1.70 doesn't solve the problem but it is a prerequisite to make it working (otherwise you may find your recorder can loose all the channel tuned for memory problems). So my suggestion is do the update to 1.70 and whenever needed apply the reset procedure.

wsbnick
Explorer

My machine has frozen after downloading to cd and installling update as specified by sony - screen just shows "Update" continously  and can't operate anything - it all started with losing digital channels. Will factory reset overcome this if so how to do factory reset?

Thanks for any help

pewrigh38

press and hold the recorder POWER button for 6 seconds until it switches off

then quickly tap the power button a few times and it will wake up and say WELCOME

then set the location to france in easy setup and scan for digital channels, dont bother with analogue afterwards

turn it off using the power button once more, turn it back on and your freeview channels will work again

if the channels are black when you switch it on, channel hop and they will come on again

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***