Join now - be part of our community!

Pre-owned Sony Media Player SMP-N100

profile.country.en_GB.title
robstrout
Visitor

Pre-owned Sony Media Player SMP-N100

Hi Guys, sorry to be a pain but is there anyway to re-register a SMP-N100 Media player? I have 2 of these bought legitimately through eBay and after several fruitless calls to Sony Customer Support to people who quite frankly haven't got a clue what they are talking about I'm close to admitting defeat. Both have been unregistered from SEN by the previous owners but neither will show a fresh activation code so they can be registered fully to my SEN account. The downside of this is I can't get my LoveFilm account to work with either. They work fine streaming internal content but the lock-up means they can't accept external premium services. So has anyone got any ideas what I can do?

Obviously the other side to this is one of anger having paid good money for items that would appear to be pretty worthless if they can't be registered. Sony need to make this clear in manuals and online advertising if this is the case to save people the time, inconvenience and money of buying a useless piece of kit!

Sony 2.jpg

Screenshot trying to add the device whilst logged in to my account. The Essentials account it refers to is the previous owners. Which has been deactivated.

0 REPLIES 0