Join now - be part of our community!

NEW SONY HT-RT3 Front Panel Display not working

Kuancao
Explorer

NEW SONY HT-RT3 Front Panel Display not working

I bought a new Sony HT-RT3 home cinema set, but after first time operation, the front panel display is not working anymore even though the sound system works well, but without display is vert inconvenient and it is NEW, I bought in BCC NL, I hope Sony can contact me for a solution, as a message from a forum, it is a a production problem. 

Please see the message below: with link

Re: No Display on Front Panel HT-RT3. Sound is coming from speakers

Dear Sony,

Finally i got my HT RT3 repaired from service center. Thanks a lot.

Note: I went to the Sony dealer from where i bought my HTS. he said "that display panel problem is the manufactring defect from company, as 2-3 customers have also complained about the same display poblem"

I hope Sony take a note of this.

Regards,

Neeraj""

Expecting answers from Sony service.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Maybe it is silly asking but just to cover all the possibilities...

Did you already try pushing the Dimmer button on the remote?

DIMMER
Adjusts the brightness of the front panel display.
“BRIGHT”
“DARK” “OFF”
The front panel display is turned

off when “OFF” is selected. It turns on automatically when you press any buttons, then turns off again if you do not operate the system for several seconds

Kuancao
Explorer

Yes, I did all, even try to reset. No reaction
at all. I think, it is the same problem as I
found online.

I do need help.

Kuan

Kuancao
Explorer

Dear All,

Per reply below from Sony, I still cannot find out what is wrong, and I think, I have to return it to the shop in NL. It is really not convenient. I hope Sony center in Belgium can help as it is sony BE_NL...

feeling upset...:smileycry::smileynot_talking:

"Dear mr. CAO,

Thank you for your email to Sony Support.

I understand you bought a new HT-RT3 and the display is not working.

There is not a known display problem with this product.

I therefore recommend you to return the product to your, if you are still in the first 14 days after you bought the product.

If not, I recommend the following:

Reset the product by choosing "terugstellen" in the menu (on your television).

If you may have any further questions about your product or this email please contact us. You can reach us by telephone or email. If you call from the Netherlands call 020-658 1888, If you call from Belgium call 070-222 130. We hope enough information is provided.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Carmen
SONY SUPPORT TEAM'

As if their data base of problem needs to be updated, ;o) I quoted what I found online already, they stioll tell me, unknown problem.....:smileysick::smileynot_talking:

Wish me luck to find solution.  I will go to NL this weekend.

...............................grrrrrrrrrr.............

I have the same probleme! No display after a few days of use, so it has to be a manufacturer issue. 

Kuancao
Explorer

I already put at Sony service center in Deinze for reparation. The latest update is that they ordered parts........waiting...................:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GB.title
nanaeugene
Explorer

I recently bought the Sony HT-S40R sound bar. Though it’s still works, the panel won’t light up even after following the resetting procedure and going through all the trouble shooting. 
I think this is a production issue and I can’t seem to contact Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Altiar
Community Team

I think it is better to contact Sony directly here so they would be able to check it properly for you and to provide you with a proper solution.