Join now - be part of our community!

my DAV-S550's front left speaker....

billkouta
New

my DAV-S550's front left speaker....

....is finally dead...yes...i bought the DAV-S550 in 2003....we had so many wonderfull times together....so many film & PS2 & PS3 nights hahaha.Just one question.Can it be fixed or replaced? personally i need a new home cinema ,but i need a solution untill then. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

My my, didnt think those existed any longer (10years+).  I had the DAV-S400 (which broke after 6 months, well the courier broke it, when sending to get it multiregioned!).  Then upgraded to the DAV-S500.

@billkouta wrote:

Just one question.Can it be fixed or replaced?

Anything can be fixed, its just a matter of it being economical.  What you can do though, if you have a spare speaker around the place (or pick up a cheap one from a car boot sale), is cut the connector end off the wire and splice it to a new speaker wire connected to a spare speaker.  This is because the connector (the coloured bit - white?) is proprietry based.  Looking at the specs, it appears to be 80W speaker - so match it up.

However, keep this a short term measure - no guarrantees though.

Time to replace it with a nice new Blu-ray system - you wont be disappointed !

Cheers

PS: Double check it is the speaker, try swapping it around and see if it works. 

billkouta
New

thanks...i'll see to it...cheers

billkouta
New

i checked the speaker....it works...so i checked the plugs....there is the problem...i moved a bit the plug & it works...i have to take care i guess the plugs & the inserts...i'm glad that it is OK...