Join now - be part of our community!

Multi Region Model on Internet?

profile.country.GB.title
bobg65
Explorer

Multi Region Model on Internet?

Hello Everyone,

I have a BDP-S790 which in most respects is working well. However, when I try to access some websites there seems to be a lock or bar preventing me from carrying out some operations. For example: I can log onto the ITVplayer site and locate the program I want to watch but I am not allowed to start it. I do get a message that I need to update Flash player but no information as to how to achieve that. I can run BBC IPLAYER TV programs fine but cannot play radio programs. Could these problems be caused by my having a Multi Region model, I had no choice when I bought it, or is this just the way things are.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Bob

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

what i can tell you is that it has nothing to do with it being multi-region, as this only deals with multi-region DVD's (not Blu-Ray), have no idea about why your not able to play radio.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

ITV Player is not supported on your device, see the FAQ on these forums. In regards to other websites that require Flash, well, Flash is all but dead now and many websites are slowly converting to HTML5, and besides, you cannot update Flash on your device anyhow.

http://isflashdeadyet.com/

Im also not too sure on the radio via iPlayer either. Are you getting any error messages? Whats actually happening when you try to play it?

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
bobg65
Explorer

Bravia55HX923,

Thanks for the quick response to my post. You've put my mind at rest on the multi region question. I'll check further on the Radio Silence.

Cheers,

Bob

Message was edited by: bobg65

profile.country.GB.title
bobg65
Explorer

Quinnicus,

Thanks for the info on supported channels. I  will look at the Radio problem again and let you know the result if any.

Cheers,

Bob

PS. I see your point about flash.

Message was edited by: bobg65