Join now - be part of our community!

HXD890 DVD's wont play on another system or computer

profile.country.en_GB.title
benkidd
Visitor

HXD890 DVD's wont play on another system or computer

Hi

I have just purchased an HXD890. It will record DVD's but they will only play on the HXD890 and not on any other system or computer. I have finalised them but still won't play. I am using DVD-R. Same result using Sony DVD's.

I record programs to play on the TV/DVD player in the caravan when I am away. I do not want to have to lug along this machine as well. Defeats the reason for buying it.

Cheers

Norman

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Norman.

Check if the disc is finalised correctly.  Insert the disc and press DISPLAY on the remote.  What is the disc type?

When you finalised, did it ask you to select a Title Menu style?

:thinking:

benkidd
Visitor

Hi

When I insert disc in drive it states finalised. I selected title menu before finalising.

Cheers

Norman

benkidd
Visitor

Hi

I returned the DVD recorder to the company who supplied it and they stated that the discs would only play on a computer using VLCmedia player. I have downloaded this and they do now play.

They also said they had played them on a Panasonic DVD player without problem but not any other. Do Sony and Panasonic have the same or similar software? If not why won't they play on any other player and why can they only play on a computer using VLC media player?

Cheers

Norman

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It's very strange. Once the disk is finalized it's like a normal DVD you by on a shop, if it's not finalized you don't even see anything on it. The software is Pioneer not panasonic, but it should not change the behaviour.

Once again, as Blencogo wrote, when you insert the disck in the recorder and press menu, it appears the coloured style that you selected in the finalize menu or the normal title list that you get also in the HDD? It should be the first option...