Join now - be part of our community!

BDV N590 - How audible is your fan?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
luffinjunior
Visitor

BDV N590 - How audible is your fan?

Hi there

I resently purchased a BDVN590 surround sound system.

I read a lot of reviews before choosing to go with this model and not one of them mentioned fan noise. Yet with mine, although it isn't loud, it certainly is audible, especially in quieter scenes or if I'm watching it at night after others have gone to bed. It's not so loud I can't here the speakers but I am aware of the constant 'whirring' in the background.

If there are any other owners on the forum I'd be greatful if you could tell me of your own experience...

If it's the same on other systems I'm happy to live with it, but if other people don't have any issues I might contact the retailer for a replacement.

Many thanks.

L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
luffinjunior
Visitor

As an update...

I contacted sony who indicated that there could be a fault, so I sent it back to the retailer and got a replacement. There is slightly less "whine" on the new one, but the fan is still audible at low volumes...

A little dissappointed but learning to live with it.

Many thanks

L

Message was edited by: luffinjunior

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
easygeeze
Visitor

Hi

My system's exactly the same, as you say especially when the kids have gone to bed the noise is quite evident. There are so many issues with this unit, I wish I'd kept my old Sony home cinema system it was far superior but I wanted the ability to have Internet TV which my 4 year old Bravia TV doesn't have so it seemed a good idea at the time but it's the biggest mistake I've ever made.

magpiemale1970
New

try changing the system from quick start up to standard start up and see if the fan noise decreases if you choose quick start-up then the fan will be on constantly as opposed to standard start up.I could hear the fan noise like a car was running its engine from outside my house and changed the start up mode and it was less just play around with it.Biggest disadvantage is  long time to come on when turning the t.v on sometimes my system hangs then I just turn it off then back on again after 2mins from the plug end.

magpiemale

luffinjunior
Visitor

As an update...

I contacted sony who indicated that there could be a fault, so I sent it back to the retailer and got a replacement. There is slightly less "whine" on the new one, but the fan is still audible at low volumes...

A little dissappointed but learning to live with it.

Many thanks

L

Message was edited by: luffinjunior