Join now - be part of our community!

BDV E370 Will not play Tv audio Bravia 37KDLEX503

Jonjune
Explorer

Can someone help please? The two are connected by HDMI ARC Port 1, and the TV recognises on screen that an Audio System is connected and shows volume rising and reducing but there is no sound once TV speakers are switched off. The HDMI cable is from Amazon, claiming to be the latest HI speed, Ethernet,ARC, 1.4 compatible.

I notice on the the BDV E370 system menu there is no ARC option which I think suggests that the TV is not recognised as ARC compatible?

I have also tried connecting by Digital Optical but still no audio.

The BDV E370 does play Blu Ray and DVDs with normal sound so I know that the speakers are working ok.

I am really frustrated now and don't know where to go next and I would really appreciate any help or ideas please.

Many thanks in advance.
Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Jonjune
Explorer

Hello again,
I did try with another ARC compatible TV, and although the audio system was recognised still there was no sound. I went back to Sony but just got a standard reply which told me nothing new.

Next I will take the BDV E370 back to the dealer who says he will test it for me, and I will post again with the outcome.

Many thanks for your interest.

Hi,

Not sure whether you have managed to resolve this problem however we experienced the same problem with the ARC option no longer being available.. We were starting to think there was a problem with the system but as a last option we upgraded the software which to our surprise worked. Hope this helps to resolve your problem too. Good Luck.

Folks - just experienced the same problem. Out of the blue completely lost TV sound and radio - DVD / audio seemed to continue to work. I'm nowhere near technically minded on these things but saw the comments regards updating the software - i hadn't set anything special up since purchase so reverted back to factory settings just in case, connected up, downloaded, and as if by magic, we're up and running again. All seems to be working again. Thanks for the postings... really useful and helped me out. Hope this confirms a possible solution for other similar users...

profile.country.en_GB.title
christletonhouse
Explorer

How do you reset to factory and download ?

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@christletonhouse 

Hi there

For which model device are you referring to?

Cheers

christletonhouse
Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

BDV-E370: Manual is HERE

- Network update: page 52

- Factory Reset: page

KDL-32EX503

- Update Firmware: HERE

- Factory Reset: HERE

If you still have problems, you need to start typing more information.  Things such as how everything is connected, any relevant settings, anything you have changed. Does it play other things.  

Cheers

christletonhouse
Explorer

It just stopped after 5 years. No sound from the TV but if you play a BluRay its comes out just fine?? tried changing the HDMI but no differance

Many thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Chris.m4
Explorer

Hi I have the same issue, I have had this system connected to the same tv for over 2 years, no issues, but now the speakers only work when playing a dvd, I have unplugged all connection cables except the antenna and no sound from the radio function, the radio searches for signals and finds them easily, but no sound, no sound from tv either, I use hdmi and optical for tv, but all have been unplugged and the radio does not produce sound, but only sound only plays when playing a disk, please advise

thanks