Join now - be part of our community!

BDV E370 - Locked and not ejecting disc

profile.country.en_GB.title
mat562
New

BDV E370 - Locked and not ejecting disc

I've got a BDV E370 which is steadfastly refusing to eject a DVD. It's continually flashng up 'Locked' on the unit's display. Other than that issue - and the fact that the disc can't be stopped when it's playing or cued - it's working perfectly. I've tried all the usual remedies, resets, switching it off, the lot; but even after contacting Sony and engaging with a technical rep, the DVD's still in there and the device is still more securely locked than a Swiss vault. I've no idea why it's decided to start acting up. I just want my disc back. Whether the machine works or not afterwards is immaterial (after two failed Blu-ray drive motors, this is the third E370 fault we've experienced, so its replacement definitely won't be a Sony) but does anyone have a tip for extracting the disc which doesn't involve a screwdriver?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Since you have tried the usual remedies, as well as contacting Sony's support line, and im going to assume that you have "googled" the problem - The only thing left is a hardware issue. 

According to the manual, when the word "Locked" is displayed, you need to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre : Here

Locked.jpg

Note: as a suggestion, make sure that there are no child-lock settings enabled (you never know)?

Cheers

Mr_Onion

Pushing hard on the DVD drawer while pressing eject MAY work, or may not.

I assume that you have already tried a full default reset