Join now - be part of our community!

CMT-G2BNiP - Music services vtuner not working since last 3 days.

SOLVED
scorpionfloyd

CMT-G2BNiP - Music services vtuner not working since last 3 days.

hi all, I have CMT-G2BNiP  and been using it since last 6 months without any issues. From 5th of july i am facing a problem with connectiing to vtuner via the music services menu. It just gives the message  cannot connect.

i have checked the wifi connections and it all works fine. i can even do airplay from my ipad. It is just the music services (only vtuner) that has gone down.

Any one else facing this issue? Any help appreciated.

Note; i live in the UK so not sure if thre is any issue with UK servers/DB of vtuner/sony

thanks

syam

29 REPLIES 29
spudkin

here is the email i used.

customersupport.en@eu.sony.com

scorpionfloyd

Some response from Sony Support. Conflicting with some other responses i have got till date. can all people affected bombard sony support please? Dear Mr Krishnan Thank you for your reply, we apologize for the inconvenience. In regards to your enquiry, please note that the internet radio server is currently offline and the engineer are doing their best in order to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email. Thank you for your enquiry. Yours Sincerely, Mostafa Sony Customer Support Sony Europe Limited
scorpionfloyd

Dear Mr Krishnan

Thank you for your e-mail, we apologize for the inconvenience.

In regards to your enquiry, please note that unfortunately, we do not have an exact date on when the issue will be resolved.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours Sincerely,
Mostafa

jpickard
Explorer

It's going to take one of the IT experts within our Sony community to work out what Sony told me:

"Please note that Native App implementation of the v tuner service on Sony connected consumer electronic products are currently unavailable due to service provider related issues"

Meanwhile, Sony does have a formal announcement about this problem:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/vtuner-announcement

I personnally think that Sony have not paid a license fee to stream via the vTuner Portal (the Native App bit?).

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

As we're now 2 weeks into this debacle, I think it's important to share news and focus our efforts.

Please see this thread which is not device specific but is sharing what we know, and the experiences we've had from Sony and a Customer Services. Sadly that's been frustrating, with no progress nor indication of what the issue is and when the service will resume. For those of us whose kit does not include DAB it's starting to get annoying.

Sony vTuner broken

CMTGebruiker
Explorer

Same here. Bought a CMT-2GNiP 2 montgs ago because of internet radio. And now I have nothing.. besides Music Unlimited. a paid service from Sony. Witch is not working either as it says my device is already assigned to another account.

SONY this mess is the reason you are not making profit! Please dont make me decide never buy a SONY product again. Either deal with VTUNES or come with an alternative. A FREE alternative.

scorpionfloyd

UK reporting,

Vtuner is now working., thanks to Sony/Vtuner whoever to get it working again, I hope it stays.

Did we overreact??

thanks

15/10/2014    vtuner now working on my str dn-1030

unzeitig
Explorer

Hi all, I have CMT-G2BNiP too. After 1 year of problems with VTUNER at finally I have solution little bit different from others. It is based on home media server with cheap Raspberry Pi with USB HDD. Home media server obtains videos, photos and music with your favourite albums and you can share it in your house with every device you have connected to home network. I have CMT-G2BNiP connected to home network via WiFi and home media server completely replaces dependance on VTUNER. Difference is in possibility to set stations you can find on internet to your equipment, because it really works!!!!!. Including stations from Vtuner!! You can use 1 playlist only but CMT doesn't display stations when you move in playlist by arrows (I do not recommend it). Better solution is to create separate playlist for each station (to be able display names of stations on your system). To change station you simply push arrow keys (as before) and you can see name of station on CMT display. Response of system when you change stations is faster then original VTUNER presets. Your CMT you can control too from Android BubbleUpnp, from tablets, notebooks or other media servers on your home network.

If anybody has interest how to set Raspberry Pi, please write directly to contact on youtube with result of my study - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITlVCWAT0t0.

yatseck
Explorer

Fritzbox wireless router has media server function. You can use it to add Internet radio stations.

See "Web Radio" section on the manufacturer's (AVM) web site:

https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7390/knowledge-base/publication/show/274_Setting-up-FRIT...