Join now - be part of our community!

CD of BR player?

profile.country.IE.title
igorwojcicki
Explorer

CD of BR player?

Hi.

I would love to ask for your opinion cos my knowledge is not good enough to find solution.

I need new CD/SACD stereo player. Old one gone and for now I play cd's on br player.

Problem is that I use Sony Home Theatre so my TV is on when I listen to the music and anyway I want separate player for music.

I have two options: I will buy only one available separate SCD-XE800 or I could also use BDP S7200 in that place (it will be used only to play cs/sacd). S7200 have great specifications while XE800 is dedicated CD player...

Could you give me advice - which choice is better?

Oh - and for now I use STR DN1050 for listening the music.

Thank you for any answer!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In my opinion, I would choose the BDP-S7200 over the XE800, Why?  The BDP-S7200 has many more features over the XE800 (ie Bluray player, Wireless, Smart Apps as well as supporting High Res Audio, oh and including many more audio codecs such as FLAC).  It would also connected quite seemlessly to the DN1050 using a HDMI cable and supports added features such as Bravia Sync.

Another thing is that the XE800 only supports 2 Channel SACD audio, I believe the BDP-S7200 supports Multi-channel SACD.

With the BDP-S7200, you also got the added features of Bravia Sync, of which you can connect the bluray player to the DN1050, and still have the TV switched off (just need to set the Link to TV : OFF in the settings)

However the decision is ultimately yours.  Have a hunt around on google and read reviews (as well as Amazon) and ensure that you get the best product that meets your requirements.

Cheers

PS: SACD's are a dying breed, High-Res audio is now the way forward :slight_smile:

profile.country.IE.title
igorwojcicki
Explorer

Thank you for such a fast respond! :slight_smile:

Well as I wrote before this player will be used only for CD/SACD so options for video doesn't realy count here.

I have big collection of SACD's and to be honest still buy some. Of course I understand that Hi-Res is a future but to play FLAC (I use those one) my amp DN1050 is enough as it has USB and also wireless way to reproduce Hi-Res files.

So, finally most important for me now is quality of sound from CD and SACD.

Of course I read a lot about both of items but to be honest things like VC24 Plus Digital Filter or Direct Stream Digital Discs doesn't tell me too much. Also, Sony doesn't give me a chance to listen to both options (At least in Ireland. Generally, here in Ireland they don't care about customer at all) to compare sound. I understand that I'm not using high-end amp or sources but still, I would love to choose better of those two.

Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome :slight_smile:

Reading through your writing's I think I know the answer you want - And thats the dedicated SACD player :slight_smile:

I don't know the Sony Centres in Ireland, so cannot comment on product demonstrations - but do know in England, that they are happy to do so, if the products are available in the store.  I dont really know how to advise you any furture to be honest.  The only thing I can say, is read the reviews online.

Cheers