Join now - be part of our community!

Technical support

profile.country.FI.title
Forgotenking
New

Technical support

Oh dear sony, I am so tired of your discrimination... Few years ago I bought PS4 and all problems started there... I was unable to use paypal for buying games online so after some time I found Finland top ups at my local store in Lithaunia... So i created Finland account for my PS4 thats for it. But now I have new problem I bought sony A7R III and sony 24 - 70 GM lens and I can't use "cashback" option for my sony 24 - 70 GM lens becuese I am in Lithaunia and my account is in Finland... So I need realy good technical support to solve this account problem once and for all... 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Forgotenking, welcome to the Community. 

Cashback claims are often frustrated by the method of payment you use. Sony always insist that the bank account used to purchase cashback-eligible products is located in the country that the offer is made in. This is because the cashback payment is made direct to a terrestrial bank account. 

Is there a reason you used a PlayStation account to purchase the camera? This will add another level of difficulty to the process, as you have effectively involved two accounts in the purchase, both of them located outside the country you bought the camera in. 

Unfortunately this makes it unlikely that your cashback claim would be honoured, as far as I can see. I could ask around and see if there are any exceptions to this but I've never heard of one.

Mick