Join now - be part of our community!

COMPLAINT - TERRIBLE SERVICE

BIGDSMAN
New

COMPLAINT - TERRIBLE SERVICE

SONY will someone please help - because for 3 months now your business has failed to help me. more than 10 email exchanges, 2 letters to the CEO and ....... nothing. Letter I have sent below - please read and beware, good products but a nightmare to deal with!:

Dear Sir,

I am now writing to you personally for the second time in an attempt to resolve what I consider to be a very poor example of customer relations.

I own a Sony Xperia S tablet with which I have been very satisfied and would like to continue to use. I also own several other Sony products, because despite the declining trend in your market performance, - I have always liked Sony products.

A simple matter ... I need a new charger.  Research online has shown a cost of £55 which seems a ridiculous price when similar products for rival manufacturers are less than £10.

I tried emailing/phoning to both establish the correct price from Sony and to buy one, (I enclose copies of the trail of correspondence with my requests in green and Sonys replies in red ), but received no help whatsoever other than to say the tablet is manufactured by another company and Sony could not help.

Furthermore, if you take a deeper look at the options I have selected when sending through my correspondence, it is clearly categorised as “Xperia S” and “tablet” which then somehow twice ended up in the hands of someone who is unable to help. Just another example of the way in which Sony appears to be getting its service all wrong!

It is a ludicrous situation when I own a product bearing the Sony name and a company with a supposed world wide reputation for customer care can abdicate all responsibility when it comes to support.

Simply ..... I need a new charger ..... can you supply one at a reasonable price?

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxx

1. PS) I have now been without my Sony tablet for about 2 months now, a timeframe which is continuing to distance me from your brand and make continued custom questionable. There are more than enough alternatives out there for me as the consumer. I would ask / urge you to take this opportunity to prevent my custom and loyalty going to one of your competitors.

1st October 2015

• Contact Form details :
  • Title:
  • Name: xxxxxx
  • Surname: xxxxx
  • E-mail: xxxxxx
  • Phone:
  • MobilePhone:
  • Address line 1:
  • Address line 2:
  • ZIP code:
  • city:
  • Language: en
  • modelname: Xperia S
  • Serial code:
  • Product code:
  • Question category: PostSales
  • Product cat: Phone - Tablet
  • Message:  I have had the Xperia S Tablet for a few years now, I think its great and want to continue using it. The charger has now stopped working and I have been online trying to find new ones. I am surprised to find they are over £50 which makes me wonder if I should bother and consider purchasing a new tablet. I dont really want to do this as I am happy with how my existing one works for the requirements I have. I hope you can help point me in the right direction for a more acceptable resolution. Thanks

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.

Unfortunately you have contacted Sony Xperia which is the support centre for Sony mobile phones. We are therefore unable to provide you with any support regarding your Sony device and would suggest contacting the appropriate department.

You can either contact them on 0844 846 6555 or visit their website http://www.sony-europe.com for further support.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest news, information and product support please visit www.sonymobile.com.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us again. Please use the below link for all our contact information.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

Please be aware that should you not respond within 5 days of this email your query will be automatically closed. Any further communications will not reach our support and a new query will need to be raised.

Kind Regards,
Adam 

Sony Xperia UK Customer Services

7th October 2015

• Contact Form details :
  • Title:
  • Name: xxxxxx
  • Surname:xxxxx
  • Phone:
  • MobilePhone:
  • Address line 1:
  • Address line 2:
  • ZIP code:
  • city:
  • modelname: Xperia S
  • Serial code:
  • Product code:
  • Product cat: Phone – Tablet
  • Message:  I have had the Xperia S Tablet for a few years now, I think its great and want to continue using it. The charger has now stopped working and I have been online trying to find new ones. I am surprised to find they are over £50 which makes me wonder if I should bother and consider purchasing a new tablet. I I really want to do this as I am happy with how my existing one works for the requirements I have. I hope you can help point me in the right direction for a more acceptable resolution. Thanks

Dear Sir/Madam,

Unfortunately you have contacted Sony Xperia which is the support centre for Sony mobile phones. We are therefore unable to provide you with any support regarding your Sony device and would suggest contacting the appropriate department.

You can either contact them on 0844 846 6555 or visit their website http://www.sony-europe.com for further support.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest news, information and product support please visit www.sonymobile.com.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us again. Please use the below link for all our contact information.

Please be aware that should you not respond within 5 days of this email your query will be automatically closed. Any further communications will not reach our support and a new query will need to be raised.

Kind Regards,
Adam 

7th October 2015

• Contact Form details :
  • Title:
  • Name: xxxxx
  • Surname: xxxxx
  • Phone:
  • MobilePhone:
  • Address line 1:
  • Address line 2:
  • ZIP code:
  • city:
  • modelname: Experia S Tablet
  • Serial code:
  • Product code:
  • Product cat: Phone – Tablet
  • Message: This is now my third attempt to ask this question in this format, and both times thus far I have been emailed back telling me I need to contact someone else. Cant quite understand why my details cannot be passed on, or when I select the product category that contains the words”Sony tablet” I end up in the wrong area even though my question is about my tablet. I have had the Xperia S Tablet for a few years now, I like it and want to continue to use it (though if I am honest this service experience makes me consider whether being a Sony customer is something I wish to continue – I also have TVs). The charger has now stopped working and I have been online trying to find new ones. I am surprised to find they are over £50 which makes me wonder if I should bother and consider purchasing a new tablet. I I really want to do this as I am happy with how my existing one works for the requirements I have. I hope you can help point me in the right direction for a more acceptable resolution. Thanks

Dear Dave, 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with the charger for your Xperia Tablet S. As this was not manufactured or sold directly through Sony Xperia we cannot assist you with this. This tablet was manufactured and sold through one of our sister companies.

We are unable to pass your information on to the relevant department. I apologise for any inconvenience this causes you. However, you can find all support information and contact details for the relevant department using the link below:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SGPT121GB_S#FeedbackContact

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Kind Regards,
Jess

11th October 2015 (just to add some insult to injury………..)

Hello!,

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia. We hope your inquiry resolved best to your satisfaction.

We are always trying to improve the experience for you and other customers. Please take a minute to answer a few questions to help us do even better in the future.

Follow this link to the survey

Best regards,

Sony Xperia Team

This survey was sent to you in order to follow-up on your recent inquiry and/or transaction with our (customer experience centre) This is not a commercial electronic message. Your participation in the survey is optional.Contact us by chat, e-mail or phone.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive noticed that your post on these forums has been escalated to Sony Support.  Hopefully someone will contact you next week to sort out your issue.

Cheers

BIGDSMAN
New

Sadly not no, everytime they come back and say that my product was made by a different part of Sony and that they cannot help. Then I ask how to get in touch with the part of Sony that can help, and I am directed to the same channel that I have already used! Its staggering

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to your charger. If only the cable is broken - could this be a cheaper alternative?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-196835511-Cable-USB-Warranty/dp/B00H01R56Y

Cheers