Join now - be part of our community!

Purchasing Problems :(

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
celiney
Visitor

Purchasing Problems :(

Hey, does any one know if I can purchase books on my ereader using a visa card, when I go to buy a book it just says to type in a redeem code? Can anyone help me on how to purchase books on my ereader, the model is PRS-T1. Thankyou!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

celiney, there should be no problem using any (major) card, from any of the usual online sellers - this is in UK, right?

Although you can "buy foreign" , certainly from the US, without too many problems, the transaction gets either priced in sterling, or you pay in dollars which are converted to sterling.

Any request for redeem/voucher card is usually something that happens after you've got to the cashpoint ie before you click to buy, or sometimes before you give your card details.

If you haven't got any, you just ignore it and move on to purchase.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mmette
Visitor

I have just been in USA. I tried to buy online. Not possible when I use my Danish Visa. I went to a store where they told me that internationall agreement among publishers only alows them to sell in USA and Canada. I bought a giftcard, but it had to be registred to an american creditcard.

So, even when I was standing physical in a USA store, I couldn't buy an e- book. That sucks.

By the way. Nookbooks cannot be read on a Sony. Stay away from Barnes & Noble.

carpetmojo

celiney, there should be no problem using any (major) card, from any of the usual online sellers - this is in UK, right?

Although you can "buy foreign" , certainly from the US, without too many problems, the transaction gets either priced in sterling, or you pay in dollars which are converted to sterling.

Any request for redeem/voucher card is usually something that happens after you've got to the cashpoint ie before you click to buy, or sometimes before you give your card details.

If you haven't got any, you just ignore it and move on to purchase.