Join now - be part of our community!

Downloading books purchased in Reader Store

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
soozy33
New

Downloading books purchased in Reader Store

I have a Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350.  Last week, I purchased two books via the Reader Store but forgot to connect my reader to my PC before I bought the books.  Although they are showing in My Books in my Reader Store account, I have been unable to download them.  Every time I try I get a message popping up in a box at the bottom of my screen asking if I want to download this utter rubbish named file and when I click on the Save or Save As - nothing happens.

Is anyone else having this problem and, if so, have you been able to solve it?

I have sent many emails to Sony Support but they have been singularly unhelpful, all they have done is email me instructions for downloading the book (which I already know how to do and as it is not working I have had to contact them !!!!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thomasn75
Visitor

can you try and use google chrome browser and then sign into reader store and download file. in the bottom left of browser window there will be a pop up with the name of the ascm file. right click on it and there will be option to show file in folder. this file is not the book but rather the adobe link to the book. clicking on it will download book. depending on which program you use it wil download book to folder associated with the program. have you looked in my books folder. either under ADE or sony. finally if everything else fails go to file explorer and search for the book file by name. otherwise get someone to help you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
carpetmojo

If you mean it's asking if you want to "Save to File" , select yes.

It will/should then download into your main  "Downloads" section, it'll tell you when it's complted this (a few seconds), and you can then transfer it to your Reader library.

Oh, have you checked in your downloads folder, just in case they're lurking there ?

thomasn75
Visitor

have you tried using a different browser. and do check destination of files. there should be option to open downloaded file in folder if you right click on it( chrome certainly has)

soozy33
New

Hello

It is not asking me to save to file, it just has the options either to "Save" or "Save As" and when I click on either option it opens another box at the top of my screen entitled "Save As" with the rubbish file name in the "File Name" box and I am not able to change this.  It is doing my head in to be quite honest.  I have wasted hours on it.  I have checked my downloads folder and they are not there either.

thomasn75
Visitor

can you try and use google chrome browser and then sign into reader store and download file. in the bottom left of browser window there will be a pop up with the name of the ascm file. right click on it and there will be option to show file in folder. this file is not the book but rather the adobe link to the book. clicking on it will download book. depending on which program you use it wil download book to folder associated with the program. have you looked in my books folder. either under ADE or sony. finally if everything else fails go to file explorer and search for the book file by name. otherwise get someone to help you.