Join now - be part of our community!

Authorization issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bob1701
Visitor

Authorization issues

I have recently purchased, second hand a PRS 300. I have managed to download a couple of free books, but I have recently borrowed some from my local library and installed them on my e reader library, but when I try to transfer to my reader I get the message ' this ebook cannot be transferred because the reader is authorized to another user' Can anyone please help, many thanks. Bob

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

The reader is authorized with old user's Adobe ID. I don't know how you can de-authorize the reader (it needs old user for doing this). Probably, formatting internal memory will de-authorize the reader, but in this way, all contents on the reader will be erased.

But I think that's possible, as with the new readers (PRS-T1 or T2), change the authorization even without de-authorize previously the device. You have to connect the reader with a PC(Mac) authorized with your Adobe ID and with the "Reader for PC(Mac)" installed.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PRS-300/downloads/SWupdate_Reader_PC_v2002_15180

Attention!!! After reader's authorization with your Adobe ID, all old contents on reader authorized with the old user's Adobe ID will not be "readable" anymore.

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)