profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert
2,234  Views

Hello Sony Community,

in my first ever blog-article I will introduce you to Sonys new mobile projector - the MP-CD1.

I myself could already take a look at it in February and I was very impressed when I first saw it, which is the reason that I bought it myself around a month ago.

Due to its small form factor it fits every bag and it is ready to go within 5 seconds so that you can start your presentation, show your friends the latest vacation snaps or watch a movie with the kids.

What you do with it is entirely up to you, since you can attach nearly every playback-device to it thanks to its full-size-HDMI-port like this wireless display adapter from Microsoft which allows Miracast capable devices to mirror their screen.

Aside from Android-Smartphones (Apple-user have to use another solution) you can also wirelessly mirror the screen of most Windows 10 notebooks and tablets to the projector.

With the wireless display adapter you can mirror the screen of your (Android-)smartphone.With the wireless display adapter you can mirror the screen of your (Android-)smartphone.

The projector also features an internal 5000mAh battery,Usable as a powerbankUsable as a powerbank which doesn't only power the projector itself but also allows for charging of other devices e.g. smartphones or tablets.

It doesn't even have to be switched on, so you can charge on the go.

Here you can see a detailed view of the right side of the projector where all the ports are located:

From left to right: On-/Off-switch; USB-C-port (to charge the projector - an adapter to micro-USB is included); USB-A-port (to power other devices); HDMI-/MHL-port; 3.5mm audio jack (for headphones or speakers)From left to right: On-/Off-switch; USB-C-port (to charge the projector - an adapter to micro-USB is included); USB-A-port (to power other devices); HDMI-/MHL-port; 3.5mm audio jack (for headphones or speakers)

Since with most setups there is either no or very limited need for external power (depending on which playback device you choose) the MP-CD1 is very flexible. With a "big" projector I would never have dared to go outside right after an evening rainshower to assemble a gaming setup - with the MP-CD1 this is no problem at all.

Together with a Steam-Link you can spend your evening with your favourite gamesTogether with a Steam-Link you can spend your evening with your favourite games

If it should start to rain again the setup is packed away as quickly as it was set up - in this case in under one minute.

Here I would have just needed to unplug the Steam-Link and I would have been back inside the house.

Yet I got lucky and it didn't rain again the night I took this picture.

While I am talking about how independend you are when using this projector I would like to mention its inbuild speaker. It is not very loud, yet its there.

It is sufficient if you take a quick look at the latest video you shot, yet for most applications I wanted something with a little more "power". Then I simply plugged in my blue SRS-XB3:

If the inbuild speaker doesn't do the trick, you can always attach an external speaker of your choice.If the inbuild speaker doesn't do the trick, you can always attach an external speaker of your choice.Last but not least I want to talk about the brightness, just so that you are not disappointed if you decide to purchase this projector for yourself.

If it is completly dark outside you can use an exterior wall as your projection surface (the biggest area I tried was approx. 2.8x1.6 meters), yet its performance goes down very quickly if the ambient brightness is increased - it has a "dynamic-mode" (which increases the contrast), yet it can only do so much.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and if you have any feedback I would be very happy to hear it.

- Nic