Join now - be part of our community!

HX90V - Update remote control app - SEN sign in loop

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Eddie9802
New

HX90V - Update remote control app - SEN sign in loop

Hi. Just bought the HX90V and wanted to update the remote control app by connecting the camera to my home WiFi.

Connecting to WiFi is fine but I am in a sign in loop when trying to update the app.

On the camera, going to App Management, update remote control app, update to v4.30. Camera asks me to sign into my SEN account. I successfully do this and type in the two step verification code sent to my phone. When I then try and update the app it takes me through the SEN sign in process again.

I know I have signed in correctly as the camera detects when the password is wrong. I only get the two step v-code when the password is correct.

Camera is on firmware v1.0

Any help on getting my camera to successfully sign in so I can update the remote control app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Eddie9802
New

Solved!

Once I had removed the 2 factor authentication from my SEN account and merged my SEN and “My Sony” accounts the sign in via my camera worked first time and installed the updated app, which works brilliantly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Eddie9802
New

Solved!

Once I had removed the 2 factor authentication from my SEN account and merged my SEN and “My Sony” accounts the sign in via my camera worked first time and installed the updated app, which works brilliantly.