Join now - be part of our community!

WIN7 64bit PMB Correcting the PMB database

profile.country.en_GB.title
stcampb89
New

WIN7 64bit PMB Correcting the PMB database

Hi I am trying again!:smileyconfused:

I am sure I have asked this question before but received no answer from SONY at all.

I had to upgrade almost everything due to Render times on Sony Vegas.

Therefore I had to upgrade PMB (Which is a good tool)

I have a SONY HDR8e which I like.

I leave the vidoes on the camera as a 3rd backup, because the old PMB would just upload the

'NOT UPLOADED VIDEOS'

However the upgraded PMB does not know what I have already uploaded therfore I have to upload selected videos, which takes for ever to upload all the thumbnails, before I get to the ones I now wish to upload.

I can't  believe  SONY did not think about this problem, there MUST be a way to tell PMB these videos have already been uploaded.

Please tell me how I can do that.

Thanks for reading

Stewart

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_BG.title
aisthima
Visitor

Just register the folder where you have all videos stored in your PC with PMB. File -> Registering folders.

stcampb89
New

Thank you Aisthima for your response.:smileyhappy:

I thought oh great a solution, sounds so simple why did I not spot it?:smileyconfused:

So I went to register folders on the FILE menu for which folders are managed  by  PMB and the folders were already ticked. So huge dissapointment.:smileycry:

Do you have any other ideas PLEASE?:smileywink:

I keep all my AVCHD videos fro the Camcorder in a folder called RAW VIDEOS, subdvided into Year folders (Alll ticked)

Best regards

Stewart

profile.country.en_BG.title
aisthima
Visitor

Hi Stewart,

Hm… Did you tried to unregister the folder, restart the PMB, register it again and wait for it to be analyzed by the program?

stcampb89
New

Hi Aisthima

No I haven't done that,

But yesterday after doing some filiiming which I wanted quickly I decided to give up and reload the lot.

It took all night and is now in one folder, NOT how I want it.

So my plan is to move this folder to my network Store and alway point at that folder.

Then move the indiviual items to my Year based folder system.

Keep my 'IN WORK videos' in another year based folder.

I am using and liking Vegas HD 10 so I want to be as structured as possible,

ANyway thank you for your inputs.

Best regards from aSunny France

Stewart