Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HDR SR8E Filming Problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jeykishan
Visitor

Sony HDR SR8E Filming Problem

I have a Sony HDR SR8E and it is working good. But when I do the filming for about 10 to 15 minutes the vision begins to blured and the picture bigins to shake. This happens when I use the camera for about 10 to 15 minutes. And the playback film also same. So I could only film for 10 to 20 minutes without problem. What is the fault? Please help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi jeykishan, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

There's no reason why the camera should behave this way due to the length of the recording session. The only thing i can think of is overheating, which can happen with very long recording times. If the camera was in danger of overheating it would first flash up warnings and then shut down before any damage occurs.

I'm assuming you don't have any flashing warnings at the time the odd effects happen, so I wonder if it could just be that you just happen to be using a slow shutter (in dim light, perhaps) and/or using the camera zoomed in to something :thinking:

The slow shutter would be hard to detect, but you would see a lot of blurring on moving subjects. When you're zoomed in on something you need to support the camera, ideally on a tripod but at very least hold it as still as possible, otherwise the video will look very shaky and blurred.

You could try this as soon as you switch on, to see if you can reproduce the effect you mention. It could be co-incidental that you noticed it after a prolonged use, but just happen to be zoomed in as well.

If it's something else, maybe you could upload a clip to YouTube and post a link to it here? It would greatly help identify any problems.

Cheers

Mick

edit: check that Digital Zoom is set to OFF and have a play with the Steady Shot settings (see User Manual p65) to see if that helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi jeykishan, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

There's no reason why the camera should behave this way due to the length of the recording session. The only thing i can think of is overheating, which can happen with very long recording times. If the camera was in danger of overheating it would first flash up warnings and then shut down before any damage occurs.

I'm assuming you don't have any flashing warnings at the time the odd effects happen, so I wonder if it could just be that you just happen to be using a slow shutter (in dim light, perhaps) and/or using the camera zoomed in to something :thinking:

The slow shutter would be hard to detect, but you would see a lot of blurring on moving subjects. When you're zoomed in on something you need to support the camera, ideally on a tripod but at very least hold it as still as possible, otherwise the video will look very shaky and blurred.

You could try this as soon as you switch on, to see if you can reproduce the effect you mention. It could be co-incidental that you noticed it after a prolonged use, but just happen to be zoomed in as well.

If it's something else, maybe you could upload a clip to YouTube and post a link to it here? It would greatly help identify any problems.

Cheers

Mick

edit: check that Digital Zoom is set to OFF and have a play with the Steady Shot settings (see User Manual p65) to see if that helps.