Join now - be part of our community!

SONY DVX-801

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
taiber2
Visitor

SONY DVX-801

Can I find a new rechargeable battery pack for my oldie DVX-801 model?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a 'Sony DVX-801'. The DVX-801 is manufactured by a Chinese company calling themselves "Cansonic". Unscrupulous traders have been known to re-brand these cameras as Sony, JVC, Canon and Panasonic, but they bear no relation to these brands and there's no equivalent Sony etc camera that might provide compatible parts.

It may be a perfectly good camera for your purposes, but if you need spares I'd suggest contacting the manufacturers. Their page for the DVX-801 is here: http://macoya.com/dv/dvx801.htm

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello taiber2 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I am having difficulty locating the part number online for the battery/charger. Could you let me know any part or model information that is printed on the battery/charger so that I can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Simon

taiber2
Visitor

Hello Simon,thanks for your e-mail,but Im so sorry I cant help you to much because on the battery its printed one side:Rechargeable Battery Pack and the another side :To get the best performance,charge the battery for10 hours at first time use,later for 3-5 hours.Lets it! Nothing else!The camera have 8 zoom,12 mega pixels,270 rolling display,built in flash.If you think that the seria number can help you I give it to you:1220907.Thanks,Tiberiu.

Mick2011
New

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a 'Sony DVX-801'. The DVX-801 is manufactured by a Chinese company calling themselves "Cansonic". Unscrupulous traders have been known to re-brand these cameras as Sony, JVC, Canon and Panasonic, but they bear no relation to these brands and there's no equivalent Sony etc camera that might provide compatible parts.

It may be a perfectly good camera for your purposes, but if you need spares I'd suggest contacting the manufacturers. Their page for the DVX-801 is here: http://macoya.com/dv/dvx801.htm

Cheers

Mick

taiber2
Visitor

Thanks,Mick!