Join now - be part of our community!

My habdycam DCR-DVD92E

profile.country.GB.title
simayna14
New

My habdycam DCR-DVD92E

Hi, I have had this camera for 15 years now, there are 2 problems I`m having,

1 is that every disc I now place in the camera, which has been recorded with the camera, or even brand new out of an un opened case, the camera says that there is a disc error. The camera`s rechargeable batter has gone could this be the cause?

2 Is there any software, I can download onto my non Sony laptop computer, that will allow me to download the dvd`s that I have taken with my camera, and then burn them onto standard dvd-r discs.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @simayna14,

@simayna14  wrote:

1 is that every disc I now place in the camera, which has been recorded with the camera, or even brand new out of an un opened case, the camera says that there is a disc error. The camera`s rechargeable batter has gone could this be the cause?

2 Is there any software, I can download onto my non Sony laptop computer, that will allow me to download the dvd`s that I have taken with my camera, and then burn them onto standard dvd-r discs.

1) Hard to say from the distance and actually I don't know whether the rechargeable battery is of importance (I doubt that whatsoever). Anyhow there might be several reasons for your problem: laser lens dirty, DVD scratched or meanwhile faulty (even DVDs have a lifespan), other mechanical (e.g. lens does not move) or technical problems.

2) In case your DVDs are finalised you should be able to read them with any DVD drive built-in or connected to your PC. If they're not finalised you'll be in trouble. Normally you'll need a working camera (same model as yours) to finalise DVDs in that case. I've read of people trying to finalise their disks using a PC DVD burner but to no avail. Well, IsoBuster might be worth a look. At least it says that it can read from open sessions and a DVD not being finalised contains open sessions. There's a test version available so that you could see whether it would be working for you at all (some PC DVD readers throw out disks which are not finalised, a DVD burner is more likely to accept those disks).

Hope that this helps you further.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)