Join now - be part of our community!

FDR AX700 HDR Recording

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
sihayco33
Explorer

FDR AX700 HDR Recording

Is anyone able to record footage using HDR with the FDR-AX700? I can find no mention in any menu and HDR isnt displayed on Icons in thumbnail view as the manual says it should be. Thank you. Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Simon

HDR may not be mentioned specifically in the manual, as it is described as a 'HLG' (Hybrid Log-Gamma) adjustment in the cameras Picture Profile settings. 

Go to Menu > Picture Profile and select PP10 to select an 'example setting' of HLG2 gamma, and the camera will record in HDR. You can edit the setting to other gamma levels if you wish.

This and other info is available in a comprehensive, searchable online User Guide.

Great camera by the way :cool:

Cheers

Mick_D

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Simon

HDR may not be mentioned specifically in the manual, as it is described as a 'HLG' (Hybrid Log-Gamma) adjustment in the cameras Picture Profile settings. 

Go to Menu > Picture Profile and select PP10 to select an 'example setting' of HLG2 gamma, and the camera will record in HDR. You can edit the setting to other gamma levels if you wish.

This and other info is available in a comprehensive, searchable online User Guide.

Great camera by the way :cool:

Cheers

Mick_D

profile.country.GB.title
sihayco33
Explorer

What a fantastic answer. Thank you very much Mick_D. You are absolutly right.

I'm on a sharp learning curve.

Much apreciated.

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

You're very welcome Simon, thanks for the great feedback!

I'm sure the camera will reward your hard work with outstanding footage. Keep shooting!

Cheers

Mick_D

profile.country.GB.title
punnorg
Explorer

Awesome... thanks for that response.