Join now - be part of our community!

FDR-AX 43 Spot focus and Smartphone control

profile.country.GB.title
NatureVideo
Explorer

FDR-AX 43 Spot focus and Smartphone control

Setting the Spot Focus / Spot Exposure on the internal LCD screen to manual to correctly focus and expose the subject, however, as soon as Control with Smartphone is enabled and connection to Imaging Edge Mobile is made the focusing and exposure returns to Automatic.

Does anyone know if there is any way around this?

The Imaging Edge Mobile app cannot set Spot Focus / Spot Exposure only zoom and record which makes it mostly useless.

An external HDMI monitor works until you attempt to record in 4k when the external monitor blanks out which makes it mostly useless too.  Does anyone know if the Sony CLM-FHD5 Clip-On LCD Monitor does the same? The Sony site says it is “Fully compatible” but I kinda doubt that.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Imaging edge mobile doesn't have the option to manually adjust the focus, couldn't find any alternative with this app, i don't personally own CLM-FHD5 so hopefully someone can confirm this.

profile.country.NL.title
rtt007

I am always using my wireless remote control RMT-835 from my previous Sony HDR-C730 and other Sony cameras (play/stop/zoom/outzoom/photo). They are not included with the Sony cameras anymore. It is very useful on tripod. Picture:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Commander-FDR-AX100-FDRAX100-HDR-TD10/dp/B01DNABAB6