Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-TRV33E film to pc under Windows 7

profile.country.sv_SE.title
patriotzz
Visitor

DCR-TRV33E film to pc under Windows 7

I have pc with Windows 7. Want to move film from Handycam to pc. How do I do?
What drivers, what cable. I suppose Windows movie maker is ok, but it needs a camera conected and known to Windows in advance. Not the same functionality as under Windows XP where program did grasp info from camera without camera beeing known to XP.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Windows Movie Maker over I link conection, using first link in program -chapter from video device. On camera set play-edit function. If You do not have DV in on PC, so there are cheap usb-I link adapters to buy. I link cable from the site of Sony camera is always 4 pin but on PC You have to see. There are 4-4 and 4-6 pin variation of cable IEEE 1394. Remove codec packs like K-lite or simular.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.fr_FR.title
NicoZV
Visitor

Hi all

I've a kind of problem with my DCR-TRV33E. I'm using windows 7 ultimate 64bits and ILink connection for my camera. When connected, Windows detecte a camera without any problem (Sony DV camera). But !!! unable to import any video from. I used to change Movie Maker, PMB, Debut video capture, and so one. Nothing works. Each software behave as no camera is connected at all.

Any help will be apreciated

Thanks in advance

profile.country.fr_FR.title
lenheil
Visitor

Dear Sony team, could you please reply to this question?

How to get film to PC under windows 7 for DCR-TRV33E

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

As it happens the previous post from DamacizSi is pretty much on the money.

Windows 7 is actually an improvement on previous OS when it comes to i-link/firewire support.  It ever recognises Micro MV!

For it to work you just need the right cable (ask for a firewire, i-link or ieee1394 at any good retailer) the same connection on your PC/Mac and some compatible software.  For Windows 7 this would be the latest version of Windows Movie Maker.

Some versions of Windows 7, specifically the 64 bit and Basic versions have thrown up some issues but the majority of us it should be a straight forward process.

Finally, the Handycam will have to be put into playback mode when connected.

I think that’s about it.  Any other questions please ask.

Regards
Lee