Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-HC35 cannot connect to Windows 7

profile.country.en_GB.title
bludick
Visitor

DCR-HC35 cannot connect to Windows 7

I recently bought a new pc with windows 7 already installed.

Tried connecting my Sony DCR-HC35 to it but windows 7 cannot locate the camcorder. The software that came with the camcorder advises to use PMB software which downloaded off sony website but still does not pickup the camcorder.

I Installed a pci express card in my new pc to try the firewire option using a sony ilink cable (4pin to 6pin) and still cannot pickup the camcorder.

Any suggestions from anyone would really be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello bludick - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As long as the PCI firewire card is installed correctly, have you tried using Windows Live Movie Maker (there is a 2011 edition which has been successful for many people with your Windows 7 setup.

It is available for free download from here:

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker

If this is successful then you can either edit movies in here or import the captured movies into the editor of your choice.

Thanks,

Simon

bludick
Visitor

Hi blaireau_photo,

Many thanks for the response. I have already tried that and it is still not detecting the camera. I am beginning to think it is the Firewire card. But according to Device manager, windows 7 is finding the card and applying the drivers.

Anything else that I could try?

bsludick

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

If Device Manager in Windows 7 shows no problems for your Firewire card, there is no reason why the software shouldn't pick up your camera. Are you using the latest version of Windows Live Movie Maker as shown in the link above?

Simon

bludick
Visitor

Hi Simon

Yes, I used the link you posted to download the Windows Live Movie Maker software.

bsludick

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting me know how it's going. To eliminate the possibility of the fault being with the camcorder, have you tried transferring video onto another PC or Laptop, perhaps a friend or family member who has one with Windows XP?

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.it_IT.title
lmanca2012
Visitor

Hi bludick, I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?

Thanks.

Luigi

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Visitor

I gave up and bought a new camera!

Börje

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Visitor

I forgot to say that it seems to work on Windows 7 Professional, so I saved my non-edited films (before buying the new camera) that way by transferring them to an external memory and then transferring again to my computor

Börje