Join now - be part of our community!

Camcorder advice needed!

SOLVED

Camcorder advice needed!

Hi, I'm looking to buy a Sony HDR camcorder, but I don't really have the money to buy a new model. I've been looking on eBay but there's so many models I just feel really confused.

I want it for a specific task: filming interviews in people's homes for approximately 1hr per interview. The camcorder will be on a tripod the whole time. I will be sitting behind it asking the questions and the interviewee will be in front about 2-3 metres away.

The finished product will go onto the Internet. So my main requirements are good quality video, really good quality mic - or option to add an external mic that will pick up both me and the interviewee, or an external mic where the internal mic also works at the same time. Easy transfer to the internet - storage-wise I don't want DVD type discs - I'd like some internal storage and then SD cards.

I've tried a handy cam within CD discs but the transfer over was really problematic and the only way of having enough storage space was to have the quality low. Lastly I need to be able to add chapters - the interview consists of 16 questions and watchers need to be able to skip to the next question.

I'm looking to spend no more than £200. I've been told Sony HDR is the best product on the market. Please could you give me some advice? Many thanks Suzanne Taylor

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have a look at the HDR-CX450 : HERE

It seems to tick the boxes you require.  Shopping around, you can get it at Argos for £219.99.  According to the manual (attached to this reply) as well as an Amazon review HERE, you can attach an external microphone if required.  As far as I can tell though the cheaper model (HDR-CX405) does not have this option.  So beware on not mixing models up.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Checked it out - perfect. Bought it from eBay, really pleased. Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have a look at the HDR-CX450 : HERE

It seems to tick the boxes you require.  Shopping around, you can get it at Argos for £219.99.  According to the manual (attached to this reply) as well as an Amazon review HERE, you can attach an external microphone if required.  As far as I can tell though the cheaper model (HDR-CX405) does not have this option.  So beware on not mixing models up.

Cheers

Thanks for that, I will check it out tomorrow. 🙂

Checked it out - perfect. Bought it from eBay, really pleased. Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Good luck with everything !

profile.country.GB.title
summersp49
New

I have a sony handycam 180x 8rx that I am trying to hook to my vizio smart tv please advise