Join now - be part of our community!

Bloggie Sport Software - Where is it?

profile.country.en_GB.title
eddycurrent37
Visitor

Bloggie Sport Software - Where is it?

I just got a spanky new Bloggie Sport however there seems to be no software compatible with it. On the set-up page at www.sony.net/start/bloggie it just says 'Coming Soon'. I tried install the PhotoMemory software for the Live camera but it doesn't recognise the camera when I connect it to the PC.

Can you please release the software Sony now that you have released the camera? It would seem your timings are out.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi eddycurrent37,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I've escalated this to one of our contacts within Sony, as soon as receive a reply I'll let you know here..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

still waiting on a reply but had an idea (& that's rare..:smileylaugh:) have you tried downloading the software for another model as I guess it should be compatible..

Supported Products

• Bloggie cameras with Bloggie Software installed in their internal memory

Here is a link, with How to instructions, for a Bloggie software - Download tool for Bloggie Software

eddycurrent37
Visitor

Thanks for the help but still not working. Have tried downloading the software, but it doesn't pick up the camera.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Do you have a firewall installed on your PC if so have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall.?

eddycurrent37
Visitor

I have tried disabling it, but it makes no difference. I got advice from Sony along the lines of turning off the firewall and virus software, but that just seems crazy to me in terms of security that you would need to do that every time you connect the camera. The PC does know the camera is connected as a Hitachi reference appears under Disk Drives in Control Panel. However, it doesn't seem to recognise it as either a camera or as a drive I can view. I am beginning to get the impression that I am the only one with this camera! It doesn't appear on the official sony.co.uk page yet and there are no reviews at all released. It is beginning to look like they have shipped it to some suppliers without ironing out the bugs in the software/driver. Sony have gone quiet on the issue when I last contacted them.