Join now - be part of our community!

Youview no services found

profile.country.GB.title
Pklcaine
New

Youview no services found

Hi

we have just bought a Sony Bravia XF90 and are really disappointed.

the TV guide shows no event information on all channels unless you select a channel. Then it will show it for those channels but not others. How do we get it to show what is on all the channels? 

We also can’t get Youview to work. We have it connected to an aerial which showed freeview on our old Panasonic, but it keeps saying no services found on the Bravia.

finally we can’t update the software to V8. When we go to update it says we are up to date but we are only on V7.

help us, we spent a lot of money on this TV as it was a Smart TV but it doesn’t do anything smart!! 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Pklcaine 

I understand your description, but I don’t understand what you are describing, if you see what I mean.

The TV Guide shows the programmes on the tuned-in channels.

The TV, as delivered, defaults to YouView.

But you say it comes up with ‘No Services Found’, i.e. it isn’t tuning in anything.

So how has it found anything to base the TV Guide on?

The two things I would do right now are:- 

(i) bring up a portable TV and double-check that the aerial cable is still working, firmly connected at both ends;

(ii) Factory Reset the TV and try again.

And if this doesn’t cure it, post a screenshot of the Guide, taken on your phone camera or whatever, here, so we can understand exactly what you are seeing.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Pklcaine
New

Hi

Thank you for your reply. 
I have tried factory reset and no luck.

here are the screenshots.

first one shows the tuning worked

second one shows the TV guide with No Event information.

i have also just tried the digital auto tuning again and it is still saying no services found. But the aerial has to be working as the tv channels work fine. 1A27BB7D-7D6E-4EA3-86DC-936704F649C7.jpeg

03B28761-3FF9-4C71-8F97-45C619A2C4A4.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Pklcaine  Ah, that. Yes, I understand the confusing description now.

And yes, there’s a known bug here, and despite it manifesting itself on the YouView Guide, it’s on the Sony side of things.

See this official YouView comment here.

Sony need to fix it before the YouView Guide will operate correctly again.

Given how long this has been allowed to continue (7 months and counting) you wonder if Sony aren’t trying to drive their users away from YouView to the Freeview side of these sets, even at the cost of losing two catchup players and all the valuable YouView features.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…