Join now - be part of our community!

XG-75XG8796 USB UPDATE

profile.country.GB.title
ian101181
Explorer

XG-75XG8796 USB UPDATE

hello all today Sony released a new firmware update for my TV to hopefully fix the sound issues. I've been trying to update via USB but can't get it to work. I've downloaded the file and extracted using winrar then dragged the folder over to my stick which is formatted to NTFS. I've also tried all the usb ports on the back but whenever I insert it I get the option to use it as storage or view media on stick but nothing else I've also left the stick in and done a soft restart bit still nothing.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@ian101181  ha scritto:

... then dragged the folder over to my stick which is formatted to NTFS. ..

why don't you read the instructions carefully?

Copy or drag and drop the file "sony_dtv0FA70A0BA0AB_00004100_16036321000523.zip" to the root directory of your USB device.
NOTE:The "root directory" is the first or top-most directory of the device, which contains all the other folders.

profile.country.GB.title
ian101181
Explorer

thanks for copy pasting from the the download page that's a great help 👍

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry English is not my mother tongue and I do not get if you are ironic or understood what you did (or at least wrote) wrong: you have to copy the file not the directory onto the usb

profile.country.GB.title
ian101181
Explorer

so just to let anyone else who has this issue or similar, i got hold of a Sony usb stick and it flashed first time, guess it didn't like any of my SanDisk ones.