Join now - be part of our community!

Xf90 Hdmi 1 and 4 withsony ubp x700

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Xf90 Hdmi 1 and 4 withsony ubp x700

I've read conflicting info on this.  I currently have my uhd dv blu ray into hdmi 3 with enhanced setting on, the other full fat hdmi port is used by arc to my avr (plain 4k).  I may need another full hdmi port for another device at 60fps.

Some articles and posts suggest the x700 would be OK plugged into hdmi 1 or 4 which still support hdr and dv but only at up to 30fps, and assuming the blu ray will always output at 24fps 422 then will I actually lose anything re picture quality / colour etc? 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Tonycv51,

I would say that you would be fine with connecting it to HDMI 4 - as you already noticed, Blu-Rays play at 24 (or rather 23,97) frames per second.

Only when your playback device delivers 50/60fps content is it when you need to connect it to HDMI 2 or 3.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Ryanm1701

Should be fine, I have an Apple TV 4K plugged into HDMI 1 and Sky Q (that is HDR compatible) plugged into HDMI 4 and they both play fine. HDMI 1 and 4 can do 4K30 with HDR and Dolby Vision without any issue

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

1. Did some tests with various discs. All seemed to work fine with HDR and Dolby Vision triggering from the blu ray. I did set 24p as a precaution, but DV removes most other options on the blu ray player