Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 surround passthrough not working from PC

profile.country.GB.title
bobbybroon
Explorer

XD9305 surround passthrough not working from PC

This is really quite irritating. But I have an XD9305 and a BDV-7200. My PS4 works fine with the surround. However my PC only seems to output sound over two channels. Both my PC and PS4 go to my TV over HDMI, then ARC to the BDV-7200, which gives the 5.1 surround. I've tried mirroring the settings, but still no luck with the PC, I'm sure I've tried every variation with the setting on the PC connection but no luck.

What makes it that little bit annoying is that I had a similar issue before, with a 950 nvidia graphics card and got the issue resolved. Since I've upgraded to a 1080ti, it has returned and I cannot do anything to fix it. I've followed all the previous steps, but no luck.

Please any assisance would be most welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi bobbybroon,

Welcome to the community.

I'll see if I can find anything out for you. Maybe someone else in the community can help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

I’m struggling to see how this is a problem with the TV, or indeed with anything downstream of the PC?

If the PC is only outputting stereo, then nothing is going to be able to magick up surround from it, except maybe some pseudo-surround.

You say you had the issue before, with an earlier nVidia card, but got it fixed (how?) though now you have a new card, it is back.

Which makes it all sound very much like an nVidia problem; have you tried posting your query on an nVidia forum?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
bobbybroon
Explorer

Sorry, I should have added, if I go straight to my BDV-7200 over HDMI, then I get 5.1 surround. But that doesn't have 4k passthrough. So the TV is capable, and the settings appear correct on the PC. But the settings are the same on the PS4 channel on the TV. So everything appears to be mirrored to other working combinations, that's why I'm so confused with the whole thing.