Join now - be part of our community!

XBR55X810C stuck in boot loop after reset.

XBR55X810C stuck in boot loop after reset.

Hi all.

My XBR55X810C running 7.0 was getting pretty slow so I performed a software reset and it rebooted.

That didn't seem to reset anything at all.

So I tried the holding vol- and power button while plugging it in. I got the green light, but still it didn't reset anything.

So I tried the holding up-arrow on remote while tapping the power button and continue to hold the up-arrow on remote until it powered back up.

This caused the TV to get stuck in a boot loop (let it loop for 3 hours just to be sure).

Now no matter what I try, it is stuck in boot loop. I get the white light at the bottom for about 10 seconds, then it goes off for about 10 seconds. Over and over. Some times I might get the start of the android animation but it freezes after a second and it all reboots. Over and over.

I tried holding vol- and power button while plugging it in again. I get the green light, but still it powers off and loops over and over.

Help!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi, 

Welcome to the community.

I've found some advice on the Sony US site here that should help with your problem.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Johnjjung
New

I’m getting the same exact thing.

It turns on completely black screen but white light (bright then fades) then it blinks and stays dim for 8-10 seconds and turns off. 

I tried everything on their website including a manual usb reboot and that doesn’t even seem to work.

i also tried a green light (vol down + power) and this doesn’t work.

once every 5-10 times then androis logo animation happens and freezes then turns off.

profile.country.LV.title
jason1234561
New

Hey - Did you guys ever get your TVs to work? mine has the same issues???

profile.country.LV.title
jason1234561
New

Did you ever get your TV working? I am having the same issues?

profile.country.GB.title
Johnjjung
New

I ended up getting it replaced by Sony!

I think just be careful and contact Sony on the phone and follow the instructions. It’s also be better to be prepared, get a usb and download the firmware so you don’t have to do the prep work on the phone.